Hearing on Fair Housing Legislation - Tuesday, October 12, 11:00 a.m.
The Joint Committee on Housing will host a virtual hearing on fair housing legislation on Tuesday, October 12, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
This hearing includes two CHAPA legislative priorities on fair housing:
- H.1441 & S.861, An Act to affirmatively further fair housing. This legislation creates a statewide duty to affirmatively further fair housing to make sure that the state, cities, towns, local housing authorities, and other public entities do not discriminate in their programs.
- S.860, An Act prohibiting discriminatory effects in housing and community development – This bill creates a state fair housing disparate impact standard to protect against housing discrimination.
You can help advance this bill to protect public housing by taking action today! You can submit written testimony to the Housing Committee, testify virtually at the hearing, and sign your organization on in support of these bills!
Submit Support Letter
You can submit a letter as written testimony in support of the bills to the Housing Committee.
Online testimony will be accepted until Friday, October 15. To submit testimony online you need to first create an account for MyLegislature and follow these instructions. If you already have an account click here.
You can also email the testimony directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can testify at the hearing virtually!
Online sign up to testify will be available until Sunday, October 10 at 5:00 p.m. To sign up to testify you need to first create an account for MyLegislature and follow these instructions. To sign up to give testimony, click here.
Fact Sheets & Sample Testimony
- Template Letter for Testimony to Housing Committee
- Fair Housing Bills Fact Sheets
- Detailed Summary - AFFH Bill
- Detailed Summary - Disparate Impact Bill
Sign Your Organization Up in Support of the Fair Housing Bills
Complete this form to add your organization to the growing list of supporters!
Please contact Eric Shupin, CHAPA's Director of Public Policy, with any questions at email@example.com.