Everyone in Massachusetts deserves the opportunity to live in a safe, healthy, and affordable home in the community they choose.
By focusing on policy solutions that encourage the production and preservation of affordable homes, equitable planning in all of our cities and towns, and the prosperity of our neighbors and communities, we can begin to undo discriminatory policies and barriers that have perpetuated segregation and hindered generational wealth-building for decades.
CHAPA currently supports the following state legislation for the 2021-2022 session:
- H.1448/S.871: An Act relative to housing production
- H.1417: An Act restoring the Commonwealth’s public housing
- H.1428: An Act codifying the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program / S.898: An Act relative to the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program
- H.2891/S.1853: An Act providing for climate change adaptation infrastructure and affordable housing investments in the Commonwealth
- H.2899: An Act reducing CPA recording fees for affordable housing
- H.1373/S.867: An Act promoting fair housing by preventing discrimination against affordable housing
- H.1436/S.874: An Act promoting housing stability and homelessness prevention in Massachusetts
- H.4505: An Act promoting housing opportunity & mobility through eviction sealing (HOMES)
- H.1377/S.868: An Act empowering cities and towns to support affordable housing with a fee on certain real estate transactions