The New England Housing Network (NEHN) is a broad coalition of housing and community development organizations from each of the New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) and the first regional response in the country to changes in federal housing and community development programs.
New England is a diverse microcosm of the entire country. We have coastal cities dealing with escalating rents or struggling for economic revitalization; a persistent and looming expiring-use preservation crisis in hot markets and in rural areas alike; homeowners with low incomes struggling to make necessary repairs and updates; renters with low incomes forced to commute long distances due to a lack of affordable housing; and an aging baby-boomer population with limited options to age-in-place.
The housing community is also in the midst of the most significant changes in federal housing policies in decades. Unprecedented budget cuts aimed primarily at people with low incomes, combined with a dramatic shift of responsibilities to state and local government, will present enormous challenges for communities across the United States.
Please contact Ryan Dominguez, policy analyst, with any questions about NEHN.
- About the New England Housing Network
- Lead Agencies
- U.S. House of Representatives Directory
- U.S. Senate Directory
- NLIHC Legislative Action Center
New England Housing Network Materials:
- New England Housing Network Federal Priorities - Immediate Relief and Long Term Recovery
- New England Housing Network Federal Priorities - Regulatory Waivers May 7, 2020
- New England Housing Network Federal Priorities - COVID-19 "Phase 4" Stimulus Package April 14, 2020
- New England Housing Network Federal Forum December 16, 2016
- New England Housing Network Federal Priorities May 2016
- 2015 New England Housing Network Annual Conference December 4, 2015
- 2014 New England Housing Network Annual Conference December 12, 2014
- 2013 New England Housing Network Annual Conference September 2013
- New England Housing Network Federal Priorities for 2013 May 2013