Are you Impacted by COVID-19 and Need Assistance?

Need help with Housing?

DHCD Housing Resource Locator

Use this site by the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to access local housing resources, including local housing authorities, regional housing agencies, and emergency shelter providers, by municipality. Select your community using the drop down at the top.

Homeless Shelters

Emergency Assistance - Family Homeless Shelters
If you are a family seeking shelter, please call 1-866-584-0653. With office closures until at least April 3rd, families with children seeking to apply for Emergency Assistance (EA) shelter only can apply by phone with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD). More details about the EA program can be found here:

Emergency Shelter Assistance for Individuals
List of individual homeless shelters in Massachusetts, maintained by the Department of Housing and Community Development. Visit:

Need Nutrition Assistance?

Click here to see basics of SNAP. If you have lost your job or your income due to COVID-19, please use these resources to get information on how apply, the current procedures at Department of Transitional Assistance, etc. Flyer by MLRI, Project Bread, and Greater Boston Food Bank.

Home delivered meals for Older adults:

Meals on Wheels - Ethos – Boston - Some older adults may qualify to receive home delivered meals. If you, or someone you know, is 60 or older and is interested in receiving meals delivered to their home, please call 617-477-6606 or visit

Looking for Legal Aid?

Go to -- the short search asks for location, household size and income, as well as the type of case anyone needs help with.  The search results will give contact information for legal services and other programs that may be able to help.

Check out MLRI's most updated webpage, which will address common questions related to legal rights and the COVID-19 pandemic

Looking for Emergency Childcare?

Find a list of emergency drop-in care in Massachusetts. This is not business as usual. The emergency programs by Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) open represent about 5% of normal child care capacity across the Commonwealth. This is drop-in, temporary child care that is being made available to those who are working for essential business like healthcare and have no other option for care during this public health crisis. 

EEC has updated their website with FAQs, more information about Exempt Emergency Child Care Programs and specific information for child care providersparents and guardians and early educators.

Do you need a Personal Care Attendant (PCA)?

If you or a family member or friend is a MassHealth member who receives hands-on support from a PCA but is short PCAs during the COVID-19 outbreak, call the MassOptions hotline at 1-844-422-6277 to obtain home health aide services.

Click here to download the letter that was provided by MassHealth for PCAs/Workers to show they are an essential employee. You can also find this letter on the BCIL website at

What are my Rights as Tenants in this crisis?

Greater Boston Legal Aid's graphic for Eviction Court Updates outlines changes to eviction cases in Housing Court and District Court during the Coronavirus pandemic. En español - COVID-19 y su Caso de Vivienda

Know Your Rights in Housing Court - Northeast Legal Aid


Want to know more about Employee Rights and Employer Obligations?

Attorney General's Guidance for Employers and Employees
When to use sick time? What are the qualifications for unemployment? How to get a loan for small business? Check out the Attorney General’s Guidance for Employers and Employees During the Coronavirus Public Health Emergency -

Workers' Rights
The Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General is offering online Know Your Rights Educational Trainings regarding Workers' Rights and Earned Sick Time (in multiple languages). You can register for these trainings or share them amongst your networkings using on Eventbrite: