1780 Main Street
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a Staff Attorney. The Staff Attorney works closely with the Chief Legal Officer and legal team on contracts, policies, and statutory/regulatory issues while providing strong litigation skills in court cases.
The candidate may work in a hybrid-remote manner but must live within commutable distance. Regular in-person work is expected at the office and out in the community.
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer with legal issues, including work on contracts, litigation before the courts and administrative bodies, policies, statutory, and regulatory issues
- Provide advice and risk analysis concerning the applicability of and compliance with all federal/state statutes, regulations, and contracts that may impact agency programs, policies, operations or spending activities including but not limited to, the Massachusetts Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Assist the organization in new and current legal requirements, preparing and leading training seminars for organizational staff and board members, and preparing memoranda on legal issues
- Assist with document reviews and discovery; monitor and perform legal research relative to federal, state, and local statutes, ordinances, and regulations
- Identify and suggest process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Conduct a broad range of legal research and analysis on matters related to the organization’s functions
- 7 years' legal experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Admitted to Massachusetts Bar, or admittance within 6 months of hire
- Preference for experience in litigation, contracts, and real estate, including in fair housing or social justice
- Excellent legal research (including beyond Westlaw and Lexis), writing, and oral argument skills
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills; must be self-aware and curious, and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Advanced computer/software skills, and comfort learning new technologies
- Ability to manage/meet short deadlines and shift priorities as necessary and appropriate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be team-oriented, including having a wiliness to collaborate on the legal department’s projects and share joint ownership of the outcomes
- Strong communication skills, including in building relationships across differences
- Demonstrated good judgment in decision-making and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts to litigate cases
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage starts between $95,000 and $117,000 per year depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
APPLY WITH THIS LINK - https://jobapply.page.link/zAvEH