50 Redfied Street, Suite 101
HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES UNLIMITED (HOU)
RELOCATION COORDINATOR (various locations)
Housing Opportunities Unlimited (HOU) offers relocation services to clients focused on affordable and mixed income housing communities. HOU specializes in providing direct assistance to residents impacted by renovation and unit rehabilitation projects. HOU’s mission is to ensure that the residents affected by the revitalization of their community are treated fairly, in accordance with compliance guidelines, to experience minimal physical and emotional stress during this process. Simultaneously, HOU ensures that the clients’ projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.HOU’s skilled and professional team has expertise in a wide range of relocation and resident support services.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Overall responsibility for the administration and supervision of relocation tasks in compliance with the URA and/or other federal or state regulations.
Reports to: Assistant/ Project Director
- Oversee conducting and completion of relocation needs assessments within first two months of contract period.
- Convene community meetings/drop-in sessions to discuss relocation program.
- Draft and distribute notices to affected households regarding relocation program and household assessments.
- Provide relocation counseling and assistance in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Develop and implement Section 8 unit search (if vouchers issued) and landlord recruitment plans.
- Administer relocation policies as outlined in HUD approved relocation plan.
- Attend all informational sessions and conduct home visits.
- Coordinate flow of information between HOU and residents.
- Work with relocated residents to prepare them for re-occupancy, including assisting with good standing issues, preparing residents for re-occupancy screening, facilitating move services, etc.
- Administer and monitor relocation funds, supplies, and other moving expenses and benefits.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Central Office staff.
- Submit necessary and requested information to representatives, as needed.
- Initiate and/or maintain regularly scheduled communication, on-site management staff; establish collaborative working relationship with resident organization (if applicable), other personnel and other appropriate third-party supportive services providers.
- Compose and submit all other relocation documents and/or plans required by HOU Central Office staff, in compliance with the URA.
- Ensure all information and notices required under the URA are received by every eligible household.
- Oversee administration of quarterly mail surveys to relocated residents.
- Represent HOU to federal and local agencies of government, the private housing industry, and community groups as necessary.
- Assure the implementation of adopted policies and procedures.
- Update/maintain relocation files, database, lottery list and relocation tracking reports (Section 8, building-by-building, move-out, security deposit, RHP, school transfer); submit database to HOU Central Office staff monthly
- Assure the staff are appropriately trained and equipped to perform their assigned responsibilities.
- Participate in weekly supervision and scheduled site meetings with Central Office staff.
- Complete all tasks identified in site work plan and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Fluency in predominant language of community.
- Ability to implement and communicate federal policies and regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skills in sustaining a collaborative, teamwork environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Some relocation experience or experience in a housing-community setting.
- Knowledge of surrounding community and housing resources available.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access Database applications.
- Leadership skills to develop and sustain a productive site during a demanding period of change.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: At least two years in a supervisory position. Additional experience beyond the minimum may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "Relocation Coordinator" in the subject line.