Real Estate Project Manager Job Posting
Madison Park Development Corporation (MPDC) is an active and established community development corporation (CDC) that serves the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston with our housing and community development activities. Our mission is to develop and preserve quality, mixed-income housing in Roxbury, and to promote the renaissance of Dudley Square as a thriving neighborhood business district, recognized as a center of commerce and culture that anchors the economic revitalization of Roxbury. We are an organization of about 35 employees working throughout various departments.
MPDC seeks a Project Manager to join our active real estate team and manage several affordable housing renovation and new construction projects.
The project manager will become a member of our five-person real estate department. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate. They will collaborate closely with other team members, as well as with outsider contractors, community members and funders. The project manager will engage in many facets of the real estate development process, including financing and budgets, design and construction, marketing and lease-up, legal and regulatory processes, permitting and zoning.
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Roxbury, Massachusetts
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 annually, plus incentive pay, commensurate with experience
- Manage design and construction scoping for significant construction or renovation projects
- Select contractors, including preparing bid packets and Requests for Proposals
- Assist in negotiating construction contracts
- Assist in selection and management of various development team members
- Work with residents of projects before and during construction or renovation
- Manage project permitting and compliance with government requirements
- Prepare or assist with preparation of applications for project financing
- Prepare and monitor project budgets
- Ensure timely completion of projects within budget
- Prepare requisitions for payment
- Oversee monitoring of construction, and
- Coordinate efforts with Owner’s Construction Representative to complete construction review and close out.
- Other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be motivated to work on a range of affordable housing and related community development and preservation projects. They will bring strong skills in some aspects of the work, and an interest in working with and learning from other team members, to initiate and complete projects that benefit our community. We seek an individual who brings some experience in construction or design oversight, who can take on some design review and construction scoping, contractor selection and coordination with utility companies and others during construction, and will complement the skills of other members of our department.
This is a full-time salaried positon with benefits. Some weekends and evenings may be needed. MPDC offers an extensive benefits package.