66 Chaffee Street
About ONE Neighborhood Builders
Our Mission is to Develop Affordable Housing and Engage Neighbors across Greater Providence to Cultivate Healthy, Vibrant, and Safe Communities. We will accomplish our mission through:
- Robust Housing Development and Quality Real Estate Management
ONE|NB will expand the availability of affordable, high-quality homes through the production, preservation, and acquisition of residential and mixed-used properties within our historic home of Olneyville and across greater Providence.
- Addressing Root Causes of Health Disparities
ONE|NB will engage residents and community-based organizations in our four central Providence neighborhoods to generate the social and economic conditions that prolong life expectancy and work to eradicate systemic barriers that lead to health disparities.
- Embracing Innovation and Building the Community Development Field
ONE|NB will emerge as a thought leader in the field by distilling the lessons learned from developing and managing housing and convening residents and community organizations. We will participate in local and regional community development conversations, produce research and case studies, and amplify the impact of our community partners.
At full complement, ONE|NB has 29 full-time equivalent team members. ONE|NB is a NeighborWorks America charter member and is governed by an active Board of Directors consisting of eleven members. The organization’s annual operating budget is approximately $5 million.
Responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of the development of affordable multifamily rental housing. Development projects include new construction, adaptive reuse, and rehabilitation of existing housing units. Project managers are responsible for managing a workload of multiple projects simultaneously and in a collaborative environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile and assist with preparing all components of pre-development and permanent financing applications (LIHTC, HOME & HTF, and other ancillary sources), including the development narrative, the development budget and operating proforma, and all supporting application materials.
- Work with public agency staff to assure timely public review and approval of development entitlements, including zoning, planning, environmental, and other entitlement reviews.
- Solicit and coordinate the work of non-construction-related project consultants, including legal, finance and other special consultants.
- Coordinate bid and qualifications processes to select construction-related consultants, including architects, civil engineers, general contractors, and other construction consultants; monitor the consultant’s deliverable timeline and compliance all terms of their engagement.
- Oversee project design development and supervise preparation of project plans and specifications. Ensure attention is given to special-users’ needs, project budget, timelines, and requirements of lenders, investors, and regulatory authorities.
- Organize, coordinate, document, and facilitate acquisition and financing closings.
- Facilitate construction job meetings and monitor construction budgets and construction cash flow projections.
- Oversee the entire construction process, including compliance with local government and lender requirements; perform site inspections; make recommendations regarding change order requests; process change orders, pay applications, and loan disbursement requests; and assure compliance with project plans and specifications.
- Prepare, update, and ensure adherence to project timelines and schedules.
- Track funder requirements and prepare and submit requisitions for payment and appropriate reports to various funding sources.
- Oversee project close-out, project placed-in-service, and handoff of the completed project to asset management.
- Undertake tasks as may be assigned by the Assistant Director of Real Estate or Director of Real Estate.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A background in planning, business, real estate development or finance, community development, public policy or a field related to housing is highly desirable as is a passion for housing justice and equity.
- Knowledge of and experience with local, state, and federal affordable housing financing programs, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME/HTF, and Tax-Exempt Bonds, is preferred.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the concerns and needs of lower-income people
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and budget preparation
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in project teams, and with a wide variety of individuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Commitment to the ONE|NB’s goals and philosophy.
COMPENSATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
ONE|NB offers a robust benefits package (including health, dental, and vision insurance), a retirement plan with matching contribution, a generous allotment of paid holiday and personal/vacation time, flexibility to occasionally telecommute from home, and an inspiring & innovative organizational culture. The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 and will be commensurate with experience. The candidate must be fully vaccinated and will be expected to work in the office, located at 66 Chaffee Street, Providence, RI.
ONE|NB works to dismantle all forms of discrimination. We fight the systems that oppress people from a vast range of identities and experiences. Cultivating a team that embodies the diverse experiences of Central Providence communities is essential to these aspirations. We strongly and sincerely encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; people with disabilities; members of LGBTQQ+ and gender non-conforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences
Submit thoughtful cover letter and resume to Milton Baxter, Director of Real Estate.