52 Chauncy Street
JOB TITLE: Public-Private Portfolio Regional Manager
UNIT: Senior Management
SALARY RANGE: $82,941.33 - $103,804.32
POSTING DATE: September 5, 2019
Boston Housing Authority owns and manages over 10,000 units of public housing and administers housing subsidies for over 12,000 voucher holders throughout eastern Massachusetts. In recent years BHA has pursued a variety of redevelopment models to assure the long-term viability of its housing stock—including strategies that move beyond conventional public housing—while remaining true to BHA’s mission to provide quality homes and strong communities for low-income Bostonians. Under the direction of the Senior Deputy Administrator and Public-Private Portfolio Manager, the Regional Asset Manager will exercise leadership in moving the Authority onto a long-term asset management footing in regard to its growing privately-owned portfolio. He or she is responsible for overseeing the day to day management and maintenance operations of BHA-owned properties receiving alternative, non-public housing (primarily Section 8 and tax credit) subsidy. Additionally, the Public Private Portfolio Regional Manager is responsible for ensuring budget control and regulatory compliance for the properties in this portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and address opportunities to optimize BHA-owned assets in the Public-Private portfolio division; direct management staff in this endeavor.
- Work closely with Finance, RED and Legal Department to implement operational procedures for this growing portfolio of properties.
- Insures appropriate management including leasing, rent recertification, rent collection, lease enforcement and other routine management tasks.
- Insures appropriate response to all maintenance requests, timely inspections of apartments and implementation of preventive maintenance procedures.
- Develops and implements a capital plan including oversight and use of required replacement reserve.
- Assures incorporation of all regulatory changes into operating procedures in the portfolio.
- Assists in the drafting of any required Operations manuals and procedures.
- Oversees staff development and training.
- Implements required planning and budgeting and budget control procedures.
- Working with Information Systems, develops necessary performance and compliance reporting.
- Develops and oversees site based tenant file quality control and compliance procedures.
- Coordinates the implementation of all new policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance to the Deputy Administrator for Housing Programs on a wide range of issues, including personnel, policy and regulatory matters.
- Performs other related work and assignments as needed and as assigned by the Deputy Administrator for Housing Programs and the Public-Private Portfolio Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a Bachelor's Degree in related field (Business Administration, Real Estate, Urban Planning or Public Administration) or equivalent knowledge or experience. CPHM (Certified Public Housing Manager), LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit) or CPM (Certified Property Manager) certification preferable. Experience as a manager or assistant manager of a public or private apartment/condo complex with responsibilities for leasing/admission, maintenance, management of administrative, maintenance or contract employees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, HUD, and/or mixed income/public housing programs. The candidate must possess strong organizational and supervisory skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Self-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention of: Department of Human Resources, Boston Housing Authority, 52 Chauncy Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02111. Please be sure to identify the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. Resumes and cover letters submitted without a position referenced will not be accepted.