155 Pleasant St
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. We are the largest affordable housing organization in western Massachusetts. Since 1983, our Real Estate Division has transformed neighborhoods through the design and planning of new housing and the acquisition and renovation of existing properties. Our Property Management department is currently seeking a full-time Property Manager. The Property Manager will promote our mission-driven work through oversight of the financial performance, compliance and quality assurance measures, and tenant satisfaction of their portfolio, while ensuring motivated supervision and development of personnel.
The candidate will work fully onsite in our beautiful downtown Northampton location.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the operational and financial performance of about 100 assigned units to meet or exceed established goals, policies, and procedures
- Ensure properties and units are fully compliant and visually appealing
- Provide effective tenant orientation, communication, and problem-solving
- Recruit, orient, train and oversee staff, generally consisting of an Assistant Property Manager and Maintenance Technicians; schedule and oversee contractors as needed
- Provide accurate and timely reports as required
- Maintain the regulations manual for each assigned property
- Be available for on-call duties as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- 3 years’ progressively responsible experience in property management; a combination of experience and an Associate degree may be a substitute
- 1 year in a supervisory or lead role
- Knowledge of tax credits, rural development, and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations preferred
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) certification preferred, but not required
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to serve diverse populations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and ease in learning new software or technology
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; reliable vehicle
What we offer:
- A wage that starts between $50,000 and $60,500 per year depending on qualifications
- Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options from day one | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
- Real opportunity for advancement
- A dynamic work environment that is friendly, collaborative, and supportive
- A diverse staff that reflects our community and those we serve
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. CORI/MVR.
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THIS LINK - https://jobapply.page.link/bsE3q