44 Washington St
RIHousing – Processor – Housing Assistance Program
Temporary Position - $22.00 per hour
This is an in-office position – in Providence RI
Bilingual Fluency in Spanish is Required
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This grant-funded position is accountable for a providing excellent and timely customer service to Rhode Island homeowners who have applied or would like to apply for the program. Incumbent must be well-organized and efficient to assist program applicants and other program staff. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you will do on a daily basis:
- Contact and follow up with clients to retrieve information and documentation identified by program underwriter to finalize a decision.
- Answer client questions about the HAF program and process to applicants.
- Effectively manage and update personal pipelines on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service for incoming calls and emails.
- Verify information and references by contacting the right sources.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Provide professional customer service via phone calls and email.
- Communicate regularly with underwriters regarding applications.
- Perform related administrative duties or special projects as assigned such as but not limited to mailing, scanning, filing and data input
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 1 year experience in residential mortgage processing, lending, underwriting, servicing, or collections preferred
- Must have strong organization skills, good verbal, and written communications skills, along with strong computer skills
- Demonstrated high level of customer service required
- Bilingual (Spanish required)
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply on company website - www.rihousing.com/careers