The Medical Case Manager is responsible for the coordination and delivery of quality case management services for residents of the Supportive Housing Programs. The Medical Case Manager reports to the Medical Case Manager/Care Access Coordinator for weekly supervision, clinical, and programmatic assignments.
Typical functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides medical case management coverage as assigned throughout the Agency.
- Provide direct quality medical case management services to the residents; develop and monitor treatment plans and individualized aftercare plans.
- Completes in a timely manner and maintains clear, concise and accurate documentation in client files and electronic health records .
- Facilitate groups as needed; this may include soliciting and organizing presentations by outside speakers.
- Facilitate meetings as needed, with collateral providers for the purpose of coordinating client care.
- Regularly engage in outreach and marketing activities to potential referral and collaboration sources.
- Responsible for the development of internal and external linkages supportive of the residents.
- Transport and or provide accompaniments (using agency vehicle) of clients to medical, behavioral health, housing, legal and other approved appointments as needed or assigned.
- Complete all internal and external designated reports accurately and timely.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with the treatment team and any other individuals or agencies involved in the clients treatment.
- Have access to a vehicle and ability to be mobile between all programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two years of case management experience preferred.
- Experience working in the addiction field.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license with a safe driving point of 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, or 03.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a treatment team.
- Ability to relate to residents in an instructive, supportive, and compassionate manner.
- Knowledge of the addiction recovery process, or willingness to acquire it within the first six months of employment.
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other data base system
- Full-time position: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (40 hrs/week)
Victory Programs operates 19 innovative health, housing and prevention programs throughout Greater Boston, Cambridge and Topsfield. Every year we help more than 2,400 individuals and families break down barriers to a brighter future. Our programs serve people who are facing homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, mental illness or chronic illnesses like HIV/AIDS and provide them with the tools needed to support healthy, self-sufficient lives.
Our benefit program includes a 75% health and 25% dental employer premium contribution, 100% employer paid disability and life insurances, 19 days of earned time in your first year, sick time, personal days, tuition remission, and a retirement savings opportunity. Rates are pro-rated based on the 20 hours/week schedule.
Thank you for you interest in a career opportunity with Victory Programs. We would love to hear from you.
Please click on the link above and submit your resume.