44 Washington Street
RIHousing – Loan Closing Specialist
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the accurate and timely closing of residential mortgage loan applications to ensure appropriate compliance and efficient customer service. This position is also responsible for the preparation and timely delivery of loan estimates.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Review residential mortgage loan applications for accuracy, completeness valid products and accurate fees.
- Prepare Loan Estimates/Closing Disclosures within the required time period to meet Federal Regulations.
- Coordinate the scheduling of the loan closing with applicant, closing agent and other interested parties; prepares closing documents and ensures their delivery to closing attorney in a timely manner.
- Preparation and delivery of the Closing Disclosure to the borrower.
- Once closing confirmed and on record, activate MI certificate, if applicable.
- Perform related administrative duties or special projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Strong residential mortgage processing or equivalent mortgage banking experience with knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA & PMI guidelines
- A record of attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to handle simultaneous complex transactions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Four years of residential mortgage loan processing experience or equivalent mortgage banking experience
- Working knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA & PMI guidelines
- Good verbal and written communications skills, proficient with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2019
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply on Company Website - https://www.rihousing.com/careers/