1411 Tremont Street
Metro Housing Boston is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
“We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security, and an improved quality of life.”
Lead Specialists will serve as team leaders within a Leased Housing program area, providing guidance, support and coaching on program rules and requirements to other team members. Lead Specialists will assist Managers and senior staff in monitoring activities and conducting quality control reviews of staff in their respective units. The position will also support staff on special projects and initiatives, such as changes in software, new reporting tools and changes in protocols.
Additionally, the duties of the position include a wide range of activities related to the rental assistance programs administered by Metro Housing, including but not limited to admissions, leasing and moves, special programs, the project based program, portability, continued occupancy, compliance, data and reporting and/or inspections. Lead Specialists may perform admissions, recertifications, interim recertifications, continued occupancy transactions, inspections as well as deal with applicant, participant and landlord issues. Lead Leasing Specialists will frequently be required to use independent judgment in making recommendations and decisions
Manager, Admissions, Leasing, Moves and Portability
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of the work performed by all Lead Specialists. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and applies HUD regulations, MTW policies and Metro Boston procedures;
- Answers telephone calls and communicates with applicants, participants, landlords/owners and co-workers in a manner that is courteous and professional;
- Prepares and transmits applicable correspondence to clients;
- Responds timely to requests and inquiries from customers and staff, by phone, in person and by written communications;
- Determines customer needs and provides the information or assistance required to satisfy the customer needs;
- Enters correct information and completes accurate and timely 50058s for submission to HUD;
- Completes data entry for all transactions into housing software;
- Prepares and submits required reports;
- Maintains letters, documents and transaction materials in client files per the file organization protocol;
- Notifies program applicants, participants and owners in a timely manner of the results of program transactions;
- Keeps supervisor informed of issues as needed;
- Communicates with other leased housing staff on the progress and status of program transactions;
- Attends meetings and trainings;
- Under supervision and direction of the applicable Manager, provides oversight and monitoring of activities of staff within their unit;
- Assists with oversight of special projects to support the goals and objectives of the department; and,
- Conducts quality control reviews of the transactions completed by staff within their unit, which will include, but is not limited to, file reviews.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Responsible for portability clients;
- Conducts regular reviews of client files to ensure program transactions related to portability are conducted pursuant to applicable Metro Housing procedures, MTW policies and HUD regulations.
- Serves as a liaison to other housing authorities to resolve portability issues
- Coordinates the implementation of agency MTW policy on portability move-outs;
- Approves termination of portability clients; and,
- Assists Manager of Admissions, Leasing, Moves and Portability with complex situations that arise during portability processing and billing
- Work experience administering the intake and relocation process for HCVP. Experience with direct service delivery in a housing or other social service related agency. Extensive knowledge of the Tracker Data Base System and the Statewide Section 8 Waitlist. Knowledge of housing subsidy program regulations.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, anticipate and identify problems putting forward solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems and strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and negotiation skills. Good organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated, and reliable to work independently.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse low income population.
- Direct work experience administering the intake and relocation process for HCVP in a subsidized housing program.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION * (within one year of hire date)
- HCV Eligibility Certification
- HCV Rent Calculation Certification
- EIV Workshop and Training
*Commensurate and applicable experience may be substituted for the certification on a case by case basis.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
SALARY/BENEFITS (This is an exempt position)
$52,500 and excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,500.00 per year
Please send resume and cover letter to Hr@metrohousingboston.org.