1780 Main Street
Housing Navigator (Bilingual)
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) Housing Navigator. The Housing Navigator will provide homelessness prevention and housing stabilization services to hospital patients enrolled with a participating provider.
The candidate may work in a hybrid-remote capacity, but in-office meetings and community visits are a regular part of the role. To deliver exceptional service, work is occasionally necessary outside of traditional business hours.
- Assess client housing needs and provide initial information, referrals, and applicable education on budgeting, problem-solving, planning, responsibilities, and assistance programs
- Support and assist clients in housing search and related activities, including applications, scheduling/attending showings, being apprised on all selection services, and advocacy including those that concern accommodations and procedural appeals
- Determine eligibility for financial assistance under all available housing and rental assistance programs; process applications in a timely and accurate manner, with follow-up as necessary
- Assist tenants in the assessment and resolution of potential eviction actions by providing information on eviction processes and legalities
- Ensure all database and client records are entered and updated with accuracy in a timely and highly confidential manner; deliver reports as required
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with staff (including across departments), owners, landlords, community groups, funding sources, constituents, and stakeholders to achieve goals
- Provide technical guidance, training, and assistance to internal staff on program guidelines, processes, and resource availability
- Remain current on housing assistance programs, services, and related regulations to ensure the accurate provision of guidance to clients
- Represent the agency in community meetings with medical, social service, and legislative groups; participate in cross-departmental agency meetings as appropriate
- Three years’ equivalent experience in housing assistance, case management, and advocacy, or a related role; a combination of experience and an Associate degree may be a substitute
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) written and verbal skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, and comfort learning new technologies
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to serve diverse populations
- Clear, effective, and timely communication skills across all levels of internal staff, clients, and constituents
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; reliable vehicle
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage between $19.23 and $24.04 per hour depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. MVR.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THIS LINK - https://jobapply.page.link/hnifz