1411 Tremont Street
SALARY: $48,050 - 54,299 per year
This is a non-exempt, full-time position.
Metro Housing | Boston, located at 1411 Tremont St in Boston, is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
“We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
This position is established as a general departmental staff position that is available to provide services in myriad capacities within the framework of Financial Assistance activities. This position will work across all teams within the Financial Assistance Department including primarily but not limited to; the Housing Consumer Education Center, RAFT, and Operations teams. As such, this staff person will participate in the HCEC walk-in and resource line coverage schedule, conduct Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program, screens, intakes and follow up, assist with housing search activities, respond as needed to external referrals, and assist with all operation activities including data input and financial assistance processes.
The focus and daily activities of this position are dependent on needs of the department and may vary daily or, in contrast, the staff person may be assigned to cover activities, cases or a position for an extended period of time.
REPORTS TO: HCEC Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- As needed, participate in coverage of walk-in and resource line hours;
- As needed, provide information and referral services, and brief counseling around immediate client concerns and/or barriers to housing, including but not limited to: financial instability, legal issues, mental health issues, substance abuse, under-employment, health care, and housekeeping;
- As needed, obtain resources and services as requested and/or needed to address clients’ needs, including but not limited to: housing applications, negotiation and mediation with property owners and utility companies, fuel assistance, and shelter information;
- As needed, administer homelessness prevention funds, including Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT), by conducting intakes, screening families for program eligibility, and meeting with heads of household directly to complete paperwork and determine an appropriate course of action: either administering funding or providing counseling and referral services, or both;
- As needed, assist clients with on-going housing search including but not limited to, contacting prospective landlords and/or management companies, accompanying clients to view and apply for units, attending appointments at housing agencies and other search activities as they present;
- As needed, assist clients with move-in transition supports including but not limited to: furniture and furnishings assistance, budget support, and other resources and services as needed;
- For clients on caseload, maintain on-going relationship with placed clients and/or ensure that they are connected to community supports and services;
- Work closely with the other client services staff and the workshop committee to develop and conduct housing search workshops to address varied needs and stages of housing search; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required with relevant experience. Associate Degree preferred;
- Case management experience with homeless individuals and families;
- Experience with crisis intervention regarding issues such as homelessness, mental health, and substance abuse; housing barriers including legal, financial, psychological and criminal;
- Knowledge and experience with service agencies and resources for homeless individuals and families;
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the agency;
- Sensitive to the needs of the homeless, low income and diverse populations;
- Ability to work in a busy, diverse team setting; and
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Hybrid schedule
- Training: 1 month hybrid
- 1-2 days in-office
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write in English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole, Spanish, or Portuguese.
NOTE: Metro Housing supports a hybrid work environment. Staff is expected to work from the Boston office as needed to ensure maximum performance and results, and at the direction of the managers.
Most benefits are available on your first day of work with Metro Housing | Boston. These benefits currently include:
Your and your family’s health
- Health and dental coverage on a pre-tax basis;
- Eye Med Vision plan on a pre-tax basis;
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement account;
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance and long-term disability;
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Program;
- Voluntary life, accident, critical illness and cancer insurance.
- Generous vacation, sick, and personal time;
- 13 paid holidays per year;
- Paid new parent leave;
- Flexible schedules (when available).
- 403(b) plan with a company match.
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- Internal promotions encouraged.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, please follow this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment…