4 Winslow Street, Arlington, MA 02474
Director of Operations
This is a highly visible and responsible administrative position in which the incumbent actively assists the Executive Director in planning, management, administration, and operation of the agency. The Arlington Housing Authority assists over 1100 households through its State-Aided Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, and other programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of these programs as well as the supervision of ten administrative staff.
- Manages up to ten administrative staff members including, but not limited to Property Managers, Housing Choice Voucher Program Administrators, Resident Services Coordinators, Certification Specialist, and Receptionist/Housing Clerk; while providing frequent guidance and feedback to ensure all duties are successfully executed.
- Oversees the administration of all AHA programs ensuring that they are in accordance with HUD, DHCD and other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Works with the Executive Director on the implementation of AHA policies, other applicable statutes, and initiatives, as well as various adhoc projects as needed.
- Communicates and updates staff on all current and future changes to work rules, AHA’s policies and procedures, departmental changes, changes in staff, and other general information.
- Responsible to work with AHA attorney to make decisions, which have a degree of financial and/or legal consequences.
- Responsible for the internal training of administrative staff.
- Ensures required reporting is submitted accurately and timely to DHCD, HUD and other applicable agencies.
- Experience with PHA-Web, HUD and DHCD databases, EIV, FSS, the MA Section 8 HCV Centralized Waiting List and/or CHAMP is desired.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality customer service.
- Perform any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or closely related field and a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in an industry that works with low-income families.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience managing 5-10 staff members.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects as needed.
- Experience with or ability to learn public housing management software as well as DHCD, HUD and other systems.
- Strong computer and analytical skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupancy Standards, Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR), HUD/State rules and regulations, AHA's policies and procedures and/or relevant federal state and local laws.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement policies, regulations, and procedures as set forth by AHA, DHCD, Commonwealth of MA, and/or HUD.
- Knowledge of property management principals.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
This is a full-time position with a 37.5-hour work week and the hours are: Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Thursdays 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM, and Fridays 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience and the Arlington Housing Authority offers an excellent benefit package including vacation and sick days, medical, dental, vision, life, optional long-term disability insurance, and participation in the Arlington Retirement System.
Resumes will be accepted at the Authority office until the position is filled. Resumes should be sent to: Jack Nagle, Executive Director, Arlington Housing Authority 4 Winslow Street, Arlington, MA 02474 or by emailing Jack Nagle at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arlington Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.