434 Harrison Ave
CHEDULE: 40 hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, additional hours/days as needed. Will require on-site availability
This position is responsible for operational compliance across all departments within Operations, under the direction of the Senior Vice President for Operations.
Candidates without prior Sec. 504 experience will not be considered.
The Director of Operational Compliance is responsible for developing systems, practices and organizational cultural change to ensure the consistency of application of PSI guest and other organizational policies. They will serve as the Operations 504 Coordinator and a primary resource for monitoring and consulting on reasonable accommodation requests, providing training and coaching to teams on 504 issues. The Director will also serve as point person for review of compliance to staff-related organizational policies, ensuring consistency, thoroughness, and fairness in application of policy and Human Resources practices. The Director will proactively make recommendations and implement approved changes to ensure best practices are followed throughout the Operations Department (Operations includes Emergency Shelters, Food Services, Workforce Development, Facilities and Housekeeping, Safety, and Security).
In addition, the Director will monitor and inform senior leadership of changes to regulations and other requirements and monitor PSI’s performance against current requirements. They will provide updated reviews on trends alongside risk and liability analysis.
The Director will work closely with the Senior VP for Operations on updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the internal and external requirements. This position provides consultation to the Chief Operating Officer and Program Leadership team in the area of Operational Compliance.
The Director will regularly meet with the Vice President and Human Resources Directors to partner around the application and compliance of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED, 10+ years of experience in healthcare and/or non-profit compliance, or senior program management in a human services organization
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing successful compliance oversight processes
- Experience with people with histories of homelessness and/or living in poverty or with low incomes
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Section 504 regulations
- Prior experience managing Rehab Act and ADA compliance matters
- Ability to report/read and interpret contract requirements against current practices
- Experience in a large volume, front line social service environment
- Ability to provide non-judgmental feedback to staff at all levels
- Ability to use computer, calculator, fax, copier and other office equipment
- Flexibility to work or be available according to organizational demands
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point, especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools.
- Ability to make clear, concise decisions and solve complex problems.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with staff and guests is critical to the success of this position.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to achieve goals in a timely fashion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively manage external and internal relationships
- Strong training skills, with the ability to develop and implement training materials and process documents to ensure compliance
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions, function independently and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Requires judgment in prioritizing the performance of tasks, duties, and responsibilities in accordance with written standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function well as a team coordinator and work effectively with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish
- A working knowledge of Homeless Management Information Systems
- Prior supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of legal processes with regards to, but not limited to, Section 504, EEOC and MCAD
- Comfortable working with staff of varying levels of compliance and technology familiarity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages legal risk by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements, training staff and program leadership in new and revised practices
- Acts as the Operations Section 504 Coordinator.
- Establishes compliance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishes critical internal measurements to monitor PSI performance against requirements
- Identifies risk and liability exposures and recommends priorities and strategies to address
- Establishes compliance and oversight that all PSI hiring practices are followed. This will include ensuring all supervisors follow HR practices, including adhering to appropriate interviewing steps, completion of candidate evaluations, timely follow-up to recruiters on candidate status and thorough, accurate, and timely submission of compete of new hire paperwork.
- Establishes process and oversight to ensure that supervisors are completing appropriate on the job training and onboarding for new hires.
- Ensures that supervisors and management complete and submit PCNs and other HR documentation in a timely manner for any employee change in order to meet payroll deadlines.
- Works with Operations leadership and HR to establish processes and oversight to ensure that supervision meetings are consistently and appropriately occurring, ensuring that supervisor maintain appropriate and thorough supervision notes.
- Works with supervisors to ensure that staff complete all mandatory trainings, including Reasonable Accommodation, CPR, First Aid, CPI, OSHA Universal Precautions, and others.
- Establishes process and oversight to ensure supervisors prepare thorough written statements, reports and other information in preparation of issuance of corrective or progressive disciplinary action.
- In collaboration with HR and legal counsel, leads efforts to research and prepare for MCAD and other similar investigations. Works directly with legal counsel as necessary.
- Provides strategic direction and change management leadership on compliance issues.
- Works with HR and Operations on performance analysis of staff policy application.
- Works with HR to ensure that Operations Supervisors are adequately trained and supported to manage annual performance evaluations with staff. Collaborate with HR to oversee compliance.
- Collaborates with PSI’s Occupational Health team to ensure protocols are in place so that all staff are able to adhere to vaccine and health screening policies.
- Works with department leadership teams to review, train and adjust policies and practices as appropriate
- Provides initial analysis, contributes to policy design and assists with implementation on special projects.
- Adheres to a professional code of conduct.
- Designs and implements systems (e.g., software solutions) to streamline record keeping for analysis and retrieval of guest-related processes. Works with HR to align staff records with operational needs.
- Identifies and builds systems to capture appropriate metrics with a spirit of partnership and positive problem solving
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Develops, coordinates, and participates in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, and seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent standards
Apply at website: Pine Street Inn | Careers