255 Main Street, 8th Floor
The Director of Finance and Operations will lead the financial planning, management and operations of the Cambridge Redevelopment Authority (CRA). They will steer strategic thinking and implement the infrastructure and systems needed to support the growth and financial sustainability of the CRA. Reporting to the Executive Director, they will work collaboratively to manage effective financial systems, including investment management, bookkeeping, accounting, loan financing, and asset management. The Director of Finance and Operations also serves as a member of Senior Leadership Team involved in strategic planning, program evaluation, and development initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the operations and management team in support of the CRA mission’s including ongoing asset management and financial management.
- Serve as a thought partner with the Executive Director and the Director of Projects and Planning on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes, with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems for efficiency and transparency.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing building programs, and proposed new project sites.
- Advise the Board on investment decisions and utilization of long-term financing tools.
- Oversee the preparation and finalization of monthly and annual reconciliations, financial reporting materials for the CRA Board, and other filings.
- Coordinate audit activities and program evaluations.
- Assist project team with contract management and public procurement procedures.
- Supervise the CRA’s asset management including capital investments and real estate holdings.
The Director of Finance and Operations’ work is done indoors in a professional office setting in Kendall Square, as well as outdoors at various local project and meeting sites. This role requires attendance at some evening meetings. It is a full-time position with a 37.5-hour work-week. The CRA operates within a permanent hybrid office and remote work structure where at least three days per week are spent in the office.
Please view the position announcement for a full description and application information.
Respond no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, April 17, 2023 by sending an application consisting of your cover letter and resume as a PDF (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Director of Finance and Operations” in the subject and attach your PDF. The CRA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity of experience, opinion, and approach.