1780 Main Street
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a full-time Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator furthers our mission by providing focused fundraising support, managing the donor database, coordinating volunteers, and analyzing processes and data to expand our outreach.
The candidate will work in a hybrid-remote capacity but must live within commutable distance to our main office in Springfield, MA. In-office work and in-person meetings are expected, as are occasional nights and weekends.
A cover letter is required with any application and should indicate reason for applying, plus information on why you believe your skills are transferable to our specific role.
- Oversee all gift processing functions, including timely data entry, acknowledgments, and follow-up with address changes/errors
- Administer the development database, ensuring records are accurate and consistent in form; communications and campaigns are updated; and data is clean and well-organized
- Provide reports as required; analyze trends to recommend process improvements and areas for development opportunity
- Conduct research and outreach for donor and prospective donor meetings; prepare reports, synopses, and other communications for meetings
- Assess database processes in an ongoing manner and recommend updates to improve efficiency
- Assist with donor communications, stewardship activities, and the gathering and reporting of campaign data; participate in managing donor email lists
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a formalized volunteer program; coordinate volunteer orientations, trainings, scheduling, and placement; oversee data on the volunteer program, including reports and analysis
- Provide support with donor education and engagement efforts in an ongoing manner
- Collaborate internally, through ideas, data, and analysis, on resource development prospecting, pipeline-growing, and revenue forecasting meetings
- Assist in planning and scheduling meetings and events
- 3 years’ equivalent experience in development, marketing, or a related role, with 1 year as a field specialist; a combination of experience plus an Associate degree may be a substitute
- Preference for experience in a nonprofit setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and ease in learning new software or technology; preference for experience with SharePoint and/or database applications
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide excellent customer service to diverse populations
- Advanced organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage starts between $22.00 and $26.50 per hour depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
Applications will be accepted via this link - https://jobapply.page.link/Kh2TX