On February 12, 2021, Speaker Mariano and Senate President Spilka announced their leadership and committee assignments for the two-year legislative session. These assignments will allow the work to begin reviewing all the bills that have been filed in the House and Senate.
Representative James Arciero and Senator John Keenan will chair the Joint Committee on Housing. Rep. Arciero's district includes Westford, Littleton, and Chelmsford. Sen. Keenan represents Quincy, Braintree, Holbrook, Abington, and Rockland.
Longtime chair of the Housing Committee, Representative Kevin Honan, will now lead the House Committee on Steering, Policy, and Scheduling. Rep. Honan also recently became the Dean of the House as the body's longest serving member. Senator Crighton, the former Senate chair of the Housing Committee will now lead the Joint Committee on Financial Services.
On the House side, the other members of the Joint Committee on Housing include Representatives:
- Vice-Chair: John Rogers of Norwood
- Christopher Hendricks of New Bedford
- Patrick Joseph Kearney of Scituate
- Mike Connolly of Cambridge
- David Henry Argosky LeBoeuf of Worcester
- Rob Consalvo of Boston
- Nika C. Elugardo of Boston
- Kip A. Diggs of Osterville
- David F. DeCoste (Ranking Minority) of Norwell
- David K. Muradian, Jr. of Grafton
In the Senate, Housing Committee members include Senators:
- Vice-Chair: Pat Jehlen
- Michael J. Barrett
- Harriette L. Chandler
- Joan B. Lovely
- Patrick M. O'Connor (Ranking Minority)
CHAPA looks forward to working with the new Chairs and members of the Housing Committee this session on advancing affordable housing policies.