CHAPA is seeking an energetic and tech-savvy individual to assist our Communications and Events Manager and Policy Team on a remote basis for 15 hours/week from September through December 2020. The individual we are seeking must be comfortable handling a variety of responsibilities and work well independently.
- Create infographics and other visual content for social media that supports CHAPA's policy team's goals and vision for affordable housing in Massachusetts
- Draft social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to highlight created content, policy initiatives, and upcoming events
- Research relevant journalists, influencers, and publications to grow CHAPA's media list
- Other responsibilities as needed by CHAPA’s policy team
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively; self-starter
- Strong writing and communications skills with ability to write quickly, concisely, and impactfully
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of affordable housing policy and political environment surrounding affordable housing in Massachusetts
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other graphic design programs
- Familiarity with social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and best practices
CHAPA will pay $12/hour, 15 hours per week, from early to mid-September through the end of the calendar year.
Email resume and cover letter to Jenna Connolly, Communications and Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. While not required, please include a sample of some graphic design work if you have any. The deadline to apply is Friday, September 4, 2020.
CHAPA is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity and encourage individuals of various backgrounds to apply.