The Merrimack Valley Housing Partnership offers a comprehensive series of training seminars for first-time home buyers. It consists of 9 hours of instruction over three evening ZOOM sessions. Upon completion of the program, graduates are mandated to meet individually with a Home Buyer Counselor for a one-hour home buying assessment.
The following topics are covered.
- Overview of the Home Buying Process
- Mortgage Application Process
- Down Payment Assistance Programs
- Legal Aspects of Purchasing
- Home Inspections
- Household Budgeting
- Building Good Credit
- Insurance Requirements
- Fair Housing Rights
- Massachusetts affordable mortgage products
- MassHousing Get The Lead Out
- Home Energy Efficiency
- Responsible Home Ownership