December 6, 2023
December 6, 2023
1411 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02120
Zoning is the invisible force that shapes nearly every aspect of our lives - from where we can live and work to how we get around and what services we can access. It is an incredibly powerful tool that can help us accomplish our goals around sustainability, affordability, accessibility, and diversity.
But zoning has also been used to segregate our communities and push out young families and people with lower incomes. How can we utilize this tool for good? What effective strategies are researchers, planners, developers, and advocates utilizing to create more equitable communities through zoning?
Please join us for CHAPA’s upcoming forum, Zoning for Equity on Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 from 9:30 - 11:30 AM at MetroHousing Boston’s office in Roxbury! This forum will include a panel that will share their knowledge and experience with zoning reform from across the Commonwealth, followed by an interactive exercise to further our understanding of the opportunities and limitations of modern zoning.
- Rachana Crowley, Director of Real Estate Development, New England, The Community Builders
- Amy Dain, researcher and author of newly released Exclusionary by Design
- Jacob Love, Esq., Staff Attorney, Lawyers for Civil Rights Boston
- Leslie Reid, Chief Executive Officer, Madison Park Development Corporation
- Alexander Train, Director of Housing and Community Development, City of Chelsea
Tickets are $30.00 for CHAPA members and $50.00 for non-members for each forum. If the individual ticket price is a hardship, please contact Sam Pereira (email@example.com) to inquire about reduced admission or a complimentary ticket. Refunds will not be provided to those who register but do not attend the forum. Registration and networking will begin at 9 AM with a light breakfast.