25 Braintree Hill Office Park
Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Property Manager is responsible for all phases of the assigned properties operations and on-site team performances. S/he must manage the company’s objectives and property operating budget, with the primary goals of increasing the cash flow, balancing the budget, maintaining the physical asset and providing a quality living environment for the residents. This role will establish and maintain a positive, productive working relationship with the property’s team members, ensuring their adherence to Caritas’s Mission Statement, policies, and procedures; and that the sites are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
PHYSICAL CONDITION OF PROPERTIES: Ensure that assigned properties are in top physical condition
- Conduct monthly announced site visits and periodic unannounced site visits
- Provide a written summary of satisfactory and unsatisfactory building conditions within a week following site visit
- Provide recommendations for physical improvements and repairs as needed, with a minimum of quarterly reports
RENT COLLECTION: Oversee rent collections to minimize rent loss and the need to evict tenants for nonpayment
- Ensure that rents are collected within the first ten days of the month
- Issue late notices per company policy and lease requirements
- Make recommendations for eviction actions, payment plans, assistance from the Caritas tenant preservation fund
BUDGETING: Ensure that net operating income meets planned budget
- Prepare annual budgets for each property
- Monitor monthly actuals to planned budget and explains any variances
- Develop actions to address variances and keep properties on budget
AFFORDABILITY COMPLIANCE: Ensure compliance with rent and income guidelines
- Monitor compliance with regulatory agreements
- Verify that required income targets are met
- Verify that rents meet affordability/regulatory guidelines
- Participate in Finepoint and other compliance audits
SUPERVISION: Work with and motivate site managers
- Ensure that site managers understand company policies and job expectations
- Oversee completion of site managers’ duties, including:
- Prompt reporting of actual and anticipated vacancies
- Interviewing potential residents
- Prompt filing of incident reports
- Collecting income qualification data, as required
- Maintaining vacant rooms in rent-ready condition
- Responding to resident complaints
- Tracking work order completion
- Other duties, as assigned
- Provide a positive work environment by managing and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. Evaluate each site manager’s performance in writing. Make recommendations to the Director of Property Management regarding any site manager’s performance or misconduct issues.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: Maintain the technical expertise necessary to fulfill job requirements
- Attend all required training sessions
- Keep current on changes in income and rent level requirements
- Monitor compliance with income and rent level requirements
TEAMWORK: Work effectively with others inside and outside the organization.
- Maintain good working relationships and effective communications with supervisor, peers, and colleagues.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to requests for information
- Assist supervisor and colleagues in their tasks
- Take initiative to solve problems caused by poor communications and relationships
- Identify ways to improve work processes
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Comply with established Caritas rules and responsibilities.
- Contribute to a positive image of Caritas, both inside and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal Housing Laws and Guidelines required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other industry software experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus!
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs and policies regarding housing and affordable housing are necessary
- Leadership skills and understanding of effective management of personal development for all employees desired
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Ability to move around the building or site; able to move up to 50 pounds; able to work in outdoor conditions. Some travel to local sites may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS and 3 years in progressive career path in Residential Property Management, preferably with government-assisted properties. Experience in supervising site staffs preferred. Industry designations such as COS, LIHTC, ARM®, and/or CPM®, etc. are a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your salary requirements and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to Dominica Man at email@example.com.