- About CHAPA
- Housing Policy
- CHAPA's Budget Priorities
- CHAPA's Legislative Priorities
- Smart Growth
- CHAPA Housing Briefs
- Chapter 40B
- Research and Reports
- Foreclosure Information
- New England Housing Network
- On Solid Ground
- Consultant Directory
- Jobs Board
- Housing & Courses
- Engage with CHAPA!
- Create a login to manage your account, membership, & events!
- Already have an account? Login!
- Post Jobs, Consultant Listings, & Homebuyer Workshops
- Join CHAPA
- Become a New Individual CHAPA Member!
- Become a New Organizational CHAPA Member!
- Donate to CHAPA!
- Join CHAPA's Email List!
HUD Issues 2017 Income Limits - March 10, 2015
Submitted by admin on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 1:03pm
On April 18, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued the 2017 income limits that determine eligibility for assisted housing programs including the Public Housing, Section 8 project-based, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, Section 202 housing for the elderly, and Section 811 housing for persons with disabilities programs. Median family incomes went up in 16 of the 19 FMR areas in Massachusetts, and income limits went up in 11 of the 19 areas - primarily in the eastern half of the state - while declining in eight areas. The 80% limit in the Boston-Cambridge-Quincy FMR area rose by $4,600 for a household of three (to $70,350).