96 Lafayette Street
YouthBuild Construction Manager
North Shore, MA
Why Work at North Shore CDC?
North Shore Community Development Coalition (NSCDC) is a regional, nonprofit organization committed to investing in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. We envision a North Shore where every neighborhood is one of choice and opportunity. Our neighborhood revitalization model focuses on projects that have lasting benefits for entire neighborhoods with need-based programs that build future city leaders and self-sufficient residents. Our diverse staff are passionate and committed to helping our communities thrive and grow. We offer extremely competitive benefits including funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, generous paid time-off, and more.
About the Role
The NSCDC YouthBuild Construction Manager (YBCM) will be a seasoned, highly skilled general contractor who shares a passion for both construction and youth development. The right candidate will be a motivated self-starter ready to make an impact by leading YouthBuild North Shore’s construction component helping YouthBuild members work toward earning hands-on pre-apprenticeship training in general construction. The YBCM is instrumental in working with our award winning YouthBuild Program and responsible for developing and building key construction partnerships with construction companies, trade unions, housing entities and other stakeholders that will help expand and meet the goals of YBNS’s construction program. With the support of a collaborative team and an assistant construction coordinator, the YBCM will teach hard and soft skills through hands-on training and credentialed educational programming with safety as a top priority. The YBCM will guide youth in developing success skills through leading and managing the renovation, rehabilitation and construction of affordable housing for low income families to help NSCDC’s YBNS program continue to make an impact on the community.
- Provide direct oversight of the YBNS program construction vocational track including supervision of the Assistant Construction Coordinator and Construction Interns
- Teach pre-apprenticeship level construction (i.e., demolition, framing, carpentry, etc.)
- Develop and foster strategic relationships with contractors, companies and the unions
- Responsible for developing and maintaining worksite safety in accordance to OSHA Safety Guidelines
- Responsible for conducting OSHA training and NCCER credentialing
- Assist with career exploration and job development activities for participants
- Develop and maintain a detailed construction plan including budget and schedule for the duration of the program year
- Responsible for monitoring construction costs for the budget
- Define weekly work assignments and priorities for construction trainers and trainees
- Prepare young people to be leaders in their community and on the worksite
- Must have a State of Massachusetts Builder’s/General Contractor’s License and Construction Supervisor License
- Specialty CSL’s and OSHA 10 Instructor’s License are highly recommended
- Skilled at reading and interpreting instructions, diagrams, sketches, and blueprints
- Team-oriented, experience in supervising and training staff
- Strong communication skills, and ability to relate to, lead, and instruct populations of young adults ages 16 - 24 who have become disconnected from traditional education and career preparation
- Passion for working with young people of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds
- Valid MA Driver’s License in good standing required, comfortable driving up to 15 passengers
- Manual dexterity required: kneeling, squatting, climbing, crawling, stooping, turning/twisting, balancing, reaching and handling with varying frequencies
- Ability to perform lifting and carrying objects of up to 75 lbs
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with others
- Must have working knowledge of computers and computer systems
To Apply/ More Information: Submit a cover letter and resume to Jason Pina, COO by email at HR@northshorecdc.org. Please specify “YouthBuild Construction Manager” in the subject line.