96 Lafayette Street
YouthBuild Assistant Education Instructor
North Shore, MA
North Shore Community Development Coalition (NSCDC) is a regional, nonprofit organization committed to investing in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. We envision a North Shore where every neighborhood is one of choice and opportunity. Our neighborhood revitalization model focuses on projects that have lasting benefits for entire neighborhoods with need-based programs that build future city leaders and self-sufficient residents. Our diverse staff are passionate and committed to helping our communities thrive and grow. We offer extremely competitive benefits including funding for professional development, as well as a full suite of healthcare benefits, generous paid time-off, flexible work hours and more.
The YouthBuild Assistant Education Instructor (YAEI) will be a motivated self-starter that is passionate about educating alternative youth learners and positive youth development, able to pay close attention to detail and work in a collaborative supportive environment to help underserved Opportunity Youth ages 16-24 work towards success and self-sufficiency. The YAEI will work closely with the Educational Coordinator in supporting educational needs of the program participants. The YAEI will have the opportunity to lead classroom instruction, design curriculum and develop lesson plans that will encourage a supportive learning environment for alternative learners.
- Teach basic adult education to students with varying academic levels integrating reading, math language arts, social studies and science.
- Develop innovative project-based lessons inclusive of critical and creative thinking exploring themes of social justice, career readiness and life skill development.
- Assess individual student progress and adapt curriculum and lesson plans according to the individual learning needs of the students.
- Responsible for record keeping and organizing student files regularly.
- Serve as an active participant and educational expert in our diverse offering of programmatic activities across program components
- High energy and a positive role model to help motivate young people through creative.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
- Strong commitment to cultivating a safe, respectful and collaborative learning environment of youth aged 16-24.
- Capable of operating computer systems and strong understanding of how to navigate technology.
- Experience with curriculum development, and lesson planning.
- A strong commitment to helping young people succeed academically, reorient their lives, develop leadership and professional skills, and make a difference in their communities.
- Active problem solver with a keen ability to collaborate with others.
- Team oriented and strong communication skills.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Jason Pina, COO by email at HR@northshorecdc.org. Please specify “Assistant Education Instructor” in the subject line.