75 Amory Street
Under the supervision of the Housing Support Coordinator, the Young Adult Stabilization Advocate is responsible for providing support, housing relocation and stabilization services to clients in the Youth Supportive Housing and Rapid Rehousing programs. This position will develop and maintain relationships with landlords to house formerly homeless youth. The advocate will work collectively with internal and external programs to support clients with achieving stability.
- Provide housing stabilization and case management services and support to newly housed young adults exiting chronic homelessness:
- Provide intensive stabilization home-based case management services to previously homeless young adults. Maintain and conduct up-to-date client records including assessments, individual service plans, progress notes, all other required paperwork, and electronic submission of client data.
- Coordinate the intake and move-in activities for new clients in the Youth Supportive Housing and Rapid Rehousing programs, including obtaining all required documentation, coordinating and attending the lease signing, and assisting with move-in logistics.
- Liaison between participants and landlords in matters relating to housing search, apartment maintenance, rental payments and apartment inspections.
- Identify and research available apartment listings that fall within program parameters; arrange and attend apartment viewings.
- Provide assistance to clients during all phases of subsidized housing application process, including completing housing applications, accompanying clients to housing related appointments and appeals and following up on the status of submitted client applications.
- Make referrals to appropriate providers and resources that will assist the clients in optimizing health outcomes and moving towards self-sufficiency. This includes medical, housing, financial, mental health, substance use, and sexual health, legal, vocational and educational services.
- Assist clients with all aspects of eviction prevention and accompany clients to court and appeal hearings as needed.
- Provide information to property management staff or unit owners regarding the move-in and departures of individuals.
- Refer/Connect Youth on Fire members to coordinated entry system in order to maximize potential housing opportunities.
- Provide clients with easily accessible and low-threshold services that operate within the Harm Reduction and Housing First frameworks.
- Work as part of an integrated team of stabilization advocates and any other relevant staff to access services offered by all AAC programs.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
- BA or equivalent or two years experience working with marginalized youth/young adults.
- Commitment to harm reduction philosophy, the housing first services modality, and experience delivering low-threshold, easily accessible services.
- Knowledge of youth development principles, trauma-informed services, and working with LGBTQ communities.
- Significant knowledge of health-related, social and legal issues faced by homeless youth.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with issues that include HIV/AIDS, homelessness; active substance use, poverty, and mental health.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Self-directed, motivated, and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the confidential nature of resident’s personal information and the need for strong boundaries.
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/558506/Fenway-Health/Young-Adult-Stabilization-Advocate