184 Dudley Street
Madison Park Development Corporation (MPDC) is an active and established community development corporation (CDC) that serves the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston with our housing and community development activities. Our mission is to develop and preserve quality, mixed-income housing in Roxbury, and to promote the renaissance of Dudley Square as a thriving neighborhood business district, recognized as a center of commerce and culture that anchors the economic revitalization of Roxbury. We are an organization of about 35 employees working throughout various departments.
The Vice President of Real Estate manages Madison Park’s housing and commercial real estate development work in collaboration with the executive leadership, development partners and our experienced development staff. The Vice President of Real Estate provides strong leadership in the implementation and execution of our real estate development work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee and lead real estate development activities, including: strategic planning; project planning and budgeting; managing the due diligence and acquisition process; coordination with staff and board; coordination with City and State funding agencies; and building and maintaining relationships with community organizations, development partners, lenders, and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and management of a pipeline of real estate projects, including: scouting out new deals; analyzing feasibility; developing community planning strategies; negotiating with public and private entities; problem solving and establishing and managing project schedules and budgets.
- Facilitate community planning work on key development projects, in collaboration with Real Estate and Community Action staff.
- Provide direct oversight and supervision to Project Managers, Resident Engagement and Workforce Program Coordinators, as well as, interns and volunteers, as needed
- Provide leadership in the management and coordination of the real estate development team, including: annual work planning and budgeting; managing workload and timelines; coordinating team meetings and retreats; facilitating work with other Madison Park teams, especially the Community Action and Finance Departments; and organizing professional development opportunities for staff.
- Provide staff support to the Real Estate Committee and other relevant boards and committees as required.
- Commitment to Madison Park’s mission and philosophy of community leadership of development and planning
- The cultural competency to work successfully in Roxbury and with a diverse set of people in a wide range of settings and a commitment to neighborhood revitalization.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in real estate development, affordable housing and community-based urban planning, or related field, with a preference for experience in the City of Boston and/or Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, real estate, finance or public policy required; will consider relevant equivalent experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated experience supervising project managers and development teams and consultants required
- Demonstrated expertise in managing all aspects of real estate development, including LIHTC, homeownership and mixed use deal structuring, financing, partnership structuring, building design, permitting and approval processes, and construction management
- Experience with and in-depth understanding of public, private and quasi-public financing programs for affordable housing and commercial development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer, and employment is contingent on a CORI background check.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@madison-park.org
Alternatively, please fax to 617-541-4900