Title: Tenancy Preservation Project (TPP) Specialist - Per Diem - Boston
Organization: Bay Cove Human Services
Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Tenancy Preservation Project (TPP) is a Housing Court affiliated program that develops and operates innovative and flexible services that preserve tenancy and prevent homelessness for many of metro-Boston's most vulnerable citizens.
- Work directly with clients referred by Housing Court, Housing Authorities or other housing providers, service providers and Legal Services.
- In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Department of Housing and Community Development has provider temporary resources to allow TPP to serve certain populations facing housing instability specifically due to the Pandemic.
- This is a temporary position (funding through June 30, 2021.This position will provide assessment, service plan development, and effective crisis intervention for tenants who meet eligibility for this temporary expansion of TPP services.
- A degree in social work or a related human service field or equivalent experience.
- Professional license, Master’s degree, and/bilingual preferred.
- Well-developed assessment, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy and organizational skills necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with elders or families in housing crisis in a respectful manner that fosters engagement, hope, and tenancy retention necessary.
- Five years’ experience working with homeless or formerly homeless individuals or equivalent experience preferred, demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, writing and oral communication skills necessary.
- Ability to work independently with supervision and guidance necessary.
- MA driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for work related tasks and travel preferred.
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove.org/jobsapp/index.cfm?op=jobDetails&postingID=10402
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer