1780 Main Street
At Way Finders, we are passionately invested in lifting up the region’s people, places, and systems. Though our team performs a wide variety of functions, we are united by our shared mission: to build and advocate for a thriving and equitable region; to improve the stability and economic mobility of families and individuals; and to develop and manage a robust range of safe, affordable housing options.
Every day, our team helps people facing real challenges—with housing, jobs, personal finances, and other cornerstones of daily stability—to find real solutions. And we help communities and systems to grow in positive, strategic ways. We know that the right help at the right time can make all the difference; Way Finders provides transformative help to tens of thousands of people each year. Always with respect, always with compassion.
Interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals? Way Finders is currently seeking a full-time Stabilization Worker. The Stabilization Worker supports our mission by facilitating the successful placement of families who are currently in emergency scattered site apartments or shelters into permanent housing through effective housing-focused assessments.
The candidate may work in a hybrid-remote capacity but must live within commutable distance.
- Conduct assessments of client housing needs and other barriers that affect stabilization including financial, legal, mental health, substance abuse, employment, health care and housekeeping
- Review self-sufficiency plans; develop and implement goals that address identified needs and maximize self sufficiency
- Coordinate support services, initiate referrals, provide advocacy, crisis intervention, and supportive counseling to clients
- Develop partnerships with internal and external service providers to ensure comprehensive and seamless service delivery
- Obtain permanent housing placement and work collaboratively to coordinate resources and services to support their transition
- Educate and assist families on financial literacy and obtaining needed resources
- Enter and maintain data used to track family progress on established goals
- Conduct regular home visits and monitor family progress in meeting goals while in shelter and during stabilization
- Maintain complete and accurate case files in a timely manner
- Collect and share information on available stabilization services and resources
- Assist in the mediation of issues between clients and owners/landlords
- Transport clients to appointments as appropriate
- Provide on-call services as scheduled
- 2 years' equivalent experience in social/human services, or a related role; a combination of experience and a high school diploma (or equivalent) may be a substitute
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written skills are highly preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, and comfort learning new technologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of an organization and with constituents and stakeholders, with the ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, plus the ability to reprioritize
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; reliable vehicle
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage starts between $17.00 and $19.87 per hour depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CORI/SORI.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THIS LINK - https://jobapply.page.link/EesEi