New Lease is a non-profit based in Boston, Massachusetts. We work with property owners to target affordable homes to families in shelters or state-assisted motels to reduce the homeless family population in Massachusetts. New Lease works with a variety of stakeholders to approach housing placement and stabilization of families through the lens of systemic change, with the goals of swift housing placement and healthy tenancies. A heavy focus is applied to creating systems that work for all stakeholders: families, housing owners, social service providers, and regulatory agencies. New Lease is currently developing additional partnerships to house homeless individuals, broaden the number of families we serve, and expand our geographic scope to other parts of New England.
New Lease is looking for a qualified individual to coordinate the stabilization of families and individuals, as well as assisting with the data tracking and measurement of outcomes as we go forward to expand our mission of reducing homelessness.
Deputy Director; Executive Director
- Coordinate assessment and service delivery for families and individuals placed in housing through the New Lease program.
- Maintain accurate information regarding stabilization services and resources;
- Develop partnerships with internal and external services and providers to insure comprehensive and seamless delivery of services;
- Administer eviction prevention funds for families by developing systems for accepting and reviewing applications, collecting data and reporting to funders and by assisting case managers who are interested in accessing these funds;
- Work closely with partner providers to assist with client concerns and/or barriers to housing and/or economic stabilization including: financial, legal, mental health, substance abuse, employment, health care and housekeeping;
- Assist clients with access and connections to community supports and services;
- Obtain Resources and Services as requested and/or needed to address barriers to tenancy preservation and economic stabilization as stated above including but not limited to; tenancy issue resolution, and assistance with financial applications;
- Develop partnerships and collaborations with external and internal service providers to insure client receives comprehensive services;
- Proactively check in with property managers regarding well-being of families’ and individuals’ tenancies
- Respond to concerns of case managers, property managers, and resident service coordinators as tenancy issues arise
- Assist with development of trainings for property management staff and social service provider staff around New Lease systems and strategies to support stable tenancies and strong families.
- Attend and present at conferences, trainings and other events.
- Assist with housing referrals as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years experience in supportive services administration or similar position(s).
- Case management and assessment experience with homeless individuals and families;
- Experience managing emergency housing or similar funds.
- Experience with crisis intervention regarding issues such as homelessness, mental health, substance abuse;
- Experience assisting clients with housing and economic stabilization barriers including legal, financial, and psychological;
- Knowledge and experience with MA State service systems including but not limited to; Department of Transitional Assistance and the Department of Social Services;
- Knowledge and experience with service agencies and resources for homeless and low-income individuals and families;
- Experience and commitment to developing, tracking and measuring outcomes to drive program design.
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and agency;
- Sensitive to the needs of the homeless, low income and diverse populations;
- Ability to work in a busy, diverse team model setting;
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills;
- Commitment to expanding affordable housing for homeless families and individuals
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or another language is a plus
Salary: The salary is commensurate with experience. New Lease provides a generous benefit package.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements and list of references to email@example.com.
New Lease is an equal opportunity employer.