15 Court Square Suite 210
Development Managers (DM) and Senior Development Managers (SDM) are integral parts of the real estate development work of the organization. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, DMs and SDMs guide projects from conception to completion, tackling all aspects of affordable housing development. The positions require managing multiple development projects and working closely with other staff. Our organization also serves in a consulting role to executive directors, boards of directors, and designated staff of other organizations, including non-profits, municipalities, housing authorities, etc. The Development Managers have billable hour targets established by senior management and are expected to be met on a monthly basis.
SDMs are additionally expected to bring a greater breadth and depth of experience to leading complex real estate development projects, such as green design, Section 42 tax credit structuring, supportive housing modeling, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Real Estate Development Activities:
- Develop and steward internal and external relationships related to each project;
- Manage zoning, permitting, and public approval processes;
- Assist team in generating community participation in support of project;
- Coordinate loan closings with legal assistance;
- Develop financial models for project, preparing necessary application materials, and working with lenders to secure and close on public and private financing;
- Guide the selection and coordination of architects, contractors and other professionals as required;
- Oversee construction, including compliance review and reporting;
- Track project expenses and assist with requisitions to lenders;
- Assist in marketing and resident selection, and support asset management during initial occupancy;
- Assist partner organizations to identify property management issues and prepare for successful operations post-construction;
- Prepare final deal book for partners (or Women’s Institute on direct development projects);
- When appropriate, conduct asset mapping of community, and assist partner to form linkages and identify new program opportunities;
- Assist with other organizational projects, such as report writing, materials development, grant writing, and volunteer/intern supervision, as requested.
Additional Duties for Senior Development Managers:
- Supervise Development Managers, Development Associates, interns, and/or consultants, as assigned;
- Assist in pursuing new project opportunities;
- Assist in building and maintaining external partner and funder relationships; and
- Provide expert oversight and support in designated task specialization areas.
See full description on our website. http://www.wihed.org/about/careers/
Please send resume and letter of interest via email to email@example.com. Please note “Real Estate Development Manager position” and your name in your subject line.