One Beacon Street
Since its inception in 1966, MassHousing has supported affordable home ownership and rental housing opportunities throughout Massachusetts. The Agency has provided more than $22 billion for affordable housing in that time. Currently, MassHousing is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Senior Asset Manager Analyst to continue the Agency’s storied history of affordable housing funding.
The Senior Asset Manager oversees a portfolio of multifamily properties with various loan and regulatory requirements. The Senior Asset Manager is tasked with monitoring the condition of each property in their respective portfolio and will collaborate with the Portfolio Manager to achieve maximum performance of the assets. The Senior Asset Manager will train staff and act in a supervisory role in the absence of the Portfolio Manager.
More specifically, the Senior Asset Manager is responsible for the following:
- Managing a portfolio containing a greater proportion of at risk properties. Monitoring the affordability requirements and marketability of properties within the portfolio and conducting analysis and developing assessments/action plans for the at-risk properties.
- Performing annual property inspections to ensure viability, prudent operational performance, and fiscal management.
- Collaborating with the Portfolio Manager to identify cost containment opportunities.
- Reviewing proposed operating budgets and audited financial statements to identify potential issues, and monitoring pre-payable and maturing loans. Utilizing networking opportunities to develop relationships for potential financing opportunities.
- Serving as primary contact for a range of constituencies.
- Providing guidance and training to Asset Managers.
- Collaborating with Business Development, Underwriting, Loan Servicing and Subsidy Administration staff to further the Agency's efforts.
- Reviewing and authorizing escrow disbursements and distribution requests.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Portfolio Manager.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree required; preference for candidates with degrees in Finance, Real Estate Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Asset Management with a strong preference for candidates with a multi family background.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary Range: $71,200 – $90,800
All positions at MassHousing require a customer service mindset, in accordance with our values: Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, Accountability and Service.
MassHousing offers competitive compensation as well as an attractive benefits package. Serious candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Human Resources, MassHousing, One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108; or faxed to 617.624.9494; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MassHousing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Serious candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Human Resources, MassHousing, One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108; or faxed to 617.624.9494; or emailed to email@example.com.