231 Somerville Ave
Resident Services Coordinator
Job Type: Case Management
Reports to: HRI Director of Resident Services
Contact Name Jesse Edsell-Vetter
Contact Email jedsell-vetter @homeownersrehab.org
Contact Phone (617) 868-4858 x201
Position: Resident Services Coordinator
Wingate Management Company provides property management and resident services for all CASCAP Properties. The Resident Services Coordinator position is housed at Wingate and is supervised through a partnership with Homeowner’s Rehab Inc’s Resident Services Department. Wingate Companies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 700 team members working in 16 states. We offer opportunities for growth across the country. We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a “can do” results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communities where they work. Wingate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace.
Using a case management approach, the Resident Services Coordinator works as part of the Wingate team to support residents of buildings owned by CASCAP Inc to improved resident well-being in key areas such as health/wellness and housing stability. The Resident Service Coordinator is responsible for building strong relationships with residents, carrying out key activities and programs at assigned developments, and assisting residents to connect with appropriate community-based programs to improve the quality of their lives.
Homeowner’s Rehab, Inc. (HRI) is a private non-profit organization founded in 1972. With an initial focus on homeownership, HRI has strived to support mixed‐income communities, rich in ethnic and racial diversity. Over the past 25 years, HRI has shifted its focus from homeownership to include rental properties as a means to create new opportunities for households that cannot compete in Cambridge’s housing market. Since 2005 HRI has operated a Resident Services Program tailored to the needs and interests of residents, with the goal to improve residents’ quality of life and access to opportunities. We focus on identifying and addressing residents’ diverse needs and providing appropriate support and information. CASCAP is an affiliate of HRI. HRI’s Director of Resident Service oversees all resident service activities for buildings owned by CASCAP.
- Coordinate resources for residents that address key community needs: housing stability, health/wellness, community cohesion
- Build strong connections with residents throughout assigned properties;
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers;
- Coordinate events and programs targeting community needs in conjunction with the Wingate Property Management team;
- Collect and maintain accurate data and case notes regarding resident contact, needs, services, etc;
- As needed, provide referrals homelessness prevention resources and health/wellness programs, screening families for program eligibility, and meeting with heads of household directly to complete paperwork and determine an appropriate course of action:
- As needed, provide information and referral services, and brief counseling around immediate client concerns and/or barriers to housing, including but not limited to financial instability, un- or under-employment, health care, and housekeeping
- As needed, assist clients with move-in transition supports including but not limited to; furniture and furnishings assistance, budget support, and other resources and services as needed;
- Established understanding of state systems (DCF, DMH, etc) and programs for populations including low-income residents, mental health, elder care, etc strongly preferred
- Experience providing community-based services to individuals with mental health disabilities or substance-use disorder preferred
- 3-5 years in housing, case management, and human services or a degree in social work or public health or a related field required
- Regular early evening hours required
Compensation: Wingate offers competitive salary and excellent benefits
Wingate is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to