7 TEMPLE ST
Position: Relief Residential Advocate
Reports to: Manager of Renae’s Place
Salary: $16.65 to $17.65
FSLA: Flexible Schedule – Evenings, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays
Location: YWCA Cambridge, Central Square
Effective Date: November 1, 2021
The YWCA Cambridge is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
As a member of the Service Delivery Team, the Relief Residential Advocate will ensure the overall safety, security, and well-being of the families in the Shelter. Relief Residential Advocate
promotes a welcoming living environment, while respecting professional and personal boundaries and encouraging families to respect boundaries of staff and other residents.
Essential Functions: (The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate roles. Duties include but may not be limited to the following.)
- Serve as the first level of response in a crisis which may include de-escalation of residents; utilizing appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Monitor resident’s schedules, but not limited to keeping resident sign/in out log.
- Endure that all residential activities are documented in a timely and thorough manner and ensure that consumer confidentiality is protected.
- Complete incident reports when necessary.
- Oversee the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility during the assigned work period including checks throughout the building each shift and notify the Director of Operations & Human Resources of any supplies that are needed for Renae’s Place.
- Communicate verbally and through written log documentation, fax and/or email with peers, supervisors, and other team members to provide program and shift updates.
- Perform routine clerical tasks including, but not limited to answering telephones, taking, and distributing messages, photocopying, filing, and other assigned tasks necessary to maintaining the office space and functions.
- Participate in staff meetings, training programs, and other activities as required to keep up to date on program function and required skills for the job.
- Assist Volunteers with checking children into Shelter’s play space.
- Keep sidewalks, porches, stairs and doors clear of snow, debris or other objects to ensure proper access to and egress from the building
- Education – Some colleges. Experience in Human Services, Social Work or relevant areas may be substituted.
- Skills- Workplace computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Gmail.
- Language: Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Experience- Prior experience working with low-income individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Physical Requirements - Able to lift to 25 pounds and must be physically able to navigate several flights of stairs every 30 minutes.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure client confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Must have very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified or become CPR/First Aid Certified within 30 days of start date.
The YWCA Cambridge encourages applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, ability and sexual orientation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.S
Submit Letter of Interest and Resume by October 20, 2021 to: Human Resources, YWCA Cambridge HRresumes@ywcacam.org
Candidates will be subject to a criminal records check (CORI).