One Washington Mall
WinnCompanies is looking for a Regional Certification Specialist to join our team at our Boston corporate office.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading efforts to complete initial, interim, and annual Tax Credit and Section 8 certifications at assigned properties within the region. These properties will have both single and multilayered affordable housing programs, and these responsibilities can occur during both initial lease-ups and stabilized operations.
- Process initial, interim and annual recertifications.
- Notify residents of their impending recertifications using notices supplied by Property Management Software.
- Conduct the recertification interviews with residents.
- Review each recertification to ensure that all checklist items are complete.
- Send recertification verification forms to the appropriate agencies (e.g., Social Security Administration, place of employment, welfare agency, Veterans Administration) relevant banks, and other organizations (e.g., drug stores).
- Complete recertification worksheets necessary to prepare the voucher (i.e., Form 50059) for the local HUD office, state agency, or local housing authority, which includes ensuring that the resident signs the recertification (HUD sites only).
- Ensure EIV reports are ran and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete the recertification worksheet so that the annual Tax Credit reports (Tenant Income Certification TIC) may be prepared for the state compliance agency, which includes having the resident sign all applicable paperwork.
- Ensure all information is accurate and entered in the Property Management Software.
- Comply with company policies regarding the proper treatment of Tax Credit and Resident files.
- Ensure that files comply with the regulations of all funding/regulatory agencies, such as HOME and HIF.
- Act as a point of contact for third party file reviewers.
- Ensure the proper treatment of residents' personal/private information and maintaining such records in accordance with local, state and/or federal law.
- Lead file review and all preparation efforts for MOR, Tax Credit, regulatory agency, auditor inspections, as necessary.
- Perform special assignments as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5-8 years of relevant property management experience.
- Experience in LIHTC and PBS8 administration.
- Working knowledge of the EIV system.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50%-60% of the time.
- Associate's degree.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist certification.
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) certification.
- SHCM certification.
Full-time US employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous time off policies (including 11 paid holidays (12 for MA employees); Generous Accrued Time Off increasing with years of service; Generous paid sick time; Annual day of service; Floating Holiday)
- 401(k) plan options with a company match
- Various Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account options with HSA annual employer contribution
- Long Term Disability and voluntary Short Term Disability; Basic Term Life Insurance and AD&D; optional supplemental life insurance
- Health Expense Reimbursement program (including gym memberships, equipment, and subscriptions)
- Tuition Reimbursement program and continuous training and development opportunities
- Wellbeing program (group challenges, seminars, opportunities to earn points to reduce medical premiums), Employee Assistance Program, & Commuter and Parking Reimbursement options
- Employee Corporate Discount Programs (Verizon Wireless, Home Depot Pro, Staples, and more!)
- Flexible and/or Hybrid schedules are available for certain roles
- Employee Relief Program supporting employees with unexpected hardships that place undue financial stress on them and their families
- To learn more, visit winnbenefits.com
A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve.
A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace.
A job you can learn from: We reward our team’s passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/winnco/67313581-f50e-4c33-bd17-ae267b509b56/apply