90 Longwood Avenue
RECEPTIONIST /PROGRAM ASSISTANT-BROOKLINE HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Brookline Housing Authority (BHA) is a high-performing, mid-sized Public Housing Authority. The BHA seeks a Receptionist/Program Assistant to provide customer service/reception support to all departments within the BHA by serving as the first point of contact for all incoming calls and visitors. The Receptionist assists BHA visitors with general information related to the Section 8 Voucher and Public Housing programs and addresses customer, applicant, and resident inquiries by directing questions to the appropriate BHA staff and/or department.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide customer service, reception, clerical and administrative support to the Leased Housing and Admissions Departments; comply with work schedules to assure assignments are completed accurately and timely; respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Serve as the first point of contact for all BHA departments.
- Assist Leased Housing and Admissions staff with intake of applications; maintain records in accordance with applicable programs, and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Receive, sort, and distribute dropped off correspondence to appropriate BHA staff/mailboxes.
- Manage the BHA switchboard, answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Assist with the production, preparation and mailing of department(s) correspondence such as letters, forms, reports, contracts, and other materials as required.
- Assist with special assignments as requested.
- Experience greeting customers, handling a large volume of incoming calls, and general understanding of affordable housing programs.
- Capacity to maintain strong, positive working relationships with BHA colleagues, applicants, residents, participants, and regulators.
- Strong organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, rental assistance software, Word, Excel.
- High school diploma or GED required, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in performing customer service/reception work in the field of public housing, affordable housing and/or Section 8 Voucher programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications along with a resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls or letters. Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021, 4:00 PM. Full job description at www.brooklinehousing.org.
The BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package, including state GIC health insurance and a defined-benefit pension. This is a union position.
The BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer. Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3 qualifying individuals, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.