70 Burbank Street
Fenway Community Development Corporation (Fenway CDC) seeks a Project Manager to join our real estate development team. FCDC is a 47-year-old nonprofit Community Development Corporation (CDC) based in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston (MA). The Project Manager will have an opportunity to work on a range of affordable, mixed-use development projects in a dynamic local development environment. The Project Manager will assist the Director of Real Estate in managing project development, monitor project budgets, manage lender relationships, and oversee property lease up or sales. They may also assist in identifying new projects and performing asset management responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
· Manage or assist with the acquisition, construction, and/or renovation of real estate projects.
· Coordinate project related tasks related to community planning, permitting, zoning, bidding, and contractor selection.
· Evaluate or assist with initial feasibility studies of selected, new opportunities in conjunction with Director of Housing.
· Conduct due diligence for existing and prospective projects.
· Create and manage development budgets and schedules for projects.
· Prepare and submit of project funding and finance applications.
· Communicate with project lenders, funders, and contractors and prepare reports as required.
Negotiate and manage contracts of project consultants as requested.
· Manage the project invoice and requisition process.
· Assist in maintaining relationships with development partners, funding agencies, lenders, and community and advocacy groups in connection with specific projects.
· Provide support to and manage deliverables from members of development team including architects, consultants, attorneys, engineers, and other project specialists.
· Support and assist Director of Real Estate with other tasks required to further successful completion of Fenway CDC projects and development of its real estate pipeline.
· Attend Fenway CDC Housing Committee meetings, other on-site public and community meetings as well as project team meetings.
· Carry out other duties and administrative tasks including maintaining project files, communications, record keeping, correspondence and filing.
· Prior experience in affordable housing development, including familiarity with Low Income Housing Tax Credits and local funding sources, preferably in Massachusetts.
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field or the equivalent in work experience.
· Master’s degree in related field a plus.
· At least two (2) years of experience successfully managing residential and/or commercial real estate development.
· Ability to undertake, balance, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
· Strong team player with positive attitude; should be self-starter and able to work independently.
· Ability to effectively plan and direct the work of project team members.
· Ability to work accurately under pressure, delegate and coordinate the work required to meet project deadlines and budgets.
· Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills with problem solving abilities.
· Availability to attend evening community and public meetings as required.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with building design, project management and graphics software preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
· Full time, exempt position.
· Generous benefits.