Enterprise Community Partners
11000 Brokenland Parkway
- Enterprise Community Investment is searching for a Real Estate Financial Analyst with strong financial and analytical skills to assist with the underwriting of tax credit projects. We are seeking a talented, motivated and experienced individual who possesses leadership potential. The ideal candidate will prosper in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
***We have 1 opening that can be located in either Columbia, MD, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Portland, OR or Los Angeles, CA.
- Assist with underwriting multifamily developments financed with the Low Income Tax Credit.
- Perform financial projections and evaluating potential investments.
- Prepare submissions to the Investment Committee.
- Coordinate project closings with attorneys, accountants and developers.
- Establish good working relationships with developers of affordable housing.
- Independently model real estate development and operations financial performance with precision
- Create investment screening memos that balance the nuance of a credit document and a marketing document
- Manage assigned LIHTC acquisitions bid workflow to deliver offers on-time in coordination with Originator
- Use Salesforce to facilitate internal communication regarding deals
- Use Salesforce to document feedback and decision-making on deals for reference through an investment’s lifecycle
- Address non-critical business issues on behalf of an Originator
- Take on special projects for the acquisitions team as assigned
- BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate or Urban Planning or related field; preferably with some experience of real estate underwriting. Masters degree highly preferred
- Directly related experience in real estate development, preferably affordable housing; and previous work with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, relationship management skills and writing skills.
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts preferred; basic knowledge of LIHTC a plus.
- Ability to maintain big picture focus while attending to detailed work and providing thorough documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and stringent deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong communications and writing skills.
- Must have a record of high integrity.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
- Ability to travel for flights up to 6 hours, or in automobile, or train.
- Ability to climb stairs offsite at project sites.
- When visiting project sites, incumbent may be exposed to varying environmental conditions (e.g. outdoor weather, dirt, dust, and other construction work site hazards).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Have experience in the LIHTC industry
- Consistently exhibit an understanding of broader real estate investment concepts as well as LIHTC-specific concepts, including tax;
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver highly accurate work quickly;
- Exhibit judgment about when to raise a potential risk (financial, relationship, fiduciary, reputational, et al.) to a supervisor vs handling it independently; and
- Full mastery of Enterprise systems including Salesforce, Teams (OneNote), SharePoint, Workday et al.