57 Charter Oak Ave
CIL, a nonprofit real estate development organization focused on housing for people with disabilities, is seeking a full-time Real Estate Developer (Project Manager) to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President of Real Estate Development, this person is responsible for managing group home development projects from site selection through acquisition, design, and construction.
The ideal candidate is a strong project manager who can lead a team of external partners and internal stakeholders. This person should have a solid understanding of managing project scope, schedule, and budget as well as real estate development fundamentals. They should also have a passion for CIL’s mission and vision: to create and sustain housing options that provide affordability, accessibility, and independence for people with disabilities.
CIL works closely with many advisors, consultants, and vendors to provide real estate solutions for service providers and partner agencies. The ability to work within this team environment and strike the proper balance of financial realities and realization of our clients’ visions is of critical importance.
The Real Estate Developer will work with service providers to identify, define, and meet their real estate needs, including but not limited to:
- Pre-development needs assessment and programmatic space analysis
- Feasibility studies and due diligence reviews
- Site selection and acquisition
- Design and permitting
- Funding source and pro forma analysis
- Construction and commissioning
- Post-occupancy review and client satisfaction surveys
- Collaboration with other members of the CIL team, including Finance Department and Asset/Property Management Group
- After-hours phone coverage (on rotating basis with other CIL team members)
- Supporting the mission of CIL
- Other duties as assigned.
Projects will primarily be group home developments done in partnership with service providers, but may also include a combination of other residential and non-residential projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of project management experience in real estate development, construction management, or related field
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to independently produce effective and accurate written and visual communication materials
- Highly organized with careful attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Yardi (or similar real estate software)
CIL is a remote-first organization. The Real Estate Developer will work from home and will be required to frequently visit sites in Southern New England. The ideal candidate will be based in Central/Eastern Massachusetts.
CIL is a growing business. While most of our work is currently in Southern New England, we are also working in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. Ability and willingness to travel is a must.
The salary range for this position is $63,000 to $103,000 (40 hours/week) and includes a generous benefits package with health, life, and disability insurance, four weeks of PTO upon start, office shutdown Christmas to New Year’s Day, 401K match and contribution, educational assistance program, and more.
CIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter in a PDF format to email@example.com, with “Real Estate Developer Application” in the subject line.