191 May Street
RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) Program Specialist
Summary: RCAP Solutions is currently seeking a qualified individual to join our team as the RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) Program Specialist at our Client Resources Office in Worcester, MA. The position will be our front-line contact person for clients that may be eligible for the RAFT Program. The RAFT Program Specialist is responsible for assisting clients to access RAFT funds and then to manage the distribution of those funds. The case management will require knowledge on a wide range of housing issues including but not limited to tenant and landlord issues, homelessness prevention, apartment search and tenancy preservation.
- Work with the HCEC team (Housing Consumer Education Center) to determine client RAFT eligibility, along with working with RAFT eligible clients to access and manage benefits.
- Provide housing program and services information and referral services to walk-ins, phone clients, and other.
- Obtain resources and services as requested and/or needed to address clients’ needs including but not limited to: RAFT applications, housing applications, negotiation and mediation with property owners and utility companies, assistance with financial applications, budget counselling, money management and credit repair, tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities, housing search, fair housing, and discrimination laws/complaints and federal and state rental assistance programs.
- Provide information and referral, brief counselling, or extended case management for clients in the following areas: Budgeting and credit repair, tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities, housing search, and other areas as needed.
- Collaborate with other Client Resources team members in providing counselling and /or case management services.
- Develop partnerships with internal and external providers to ensure comprehensive and seamless delivery of services.
- Provide case management services to clients, maintaining on-going relationships and follow up to ensure that they are connected to community supports and services.
- Make home visits to clients on a limited basis, including but not limited to those who are disabled and/or those whose needs indicate home based intervention.
- Collect initial intake and assessment for presenting and surrounding needs to walk-ins, phone clients, and others seeking services.
- Entry of client information into all relevant internal databases and the Cornerstone and Tracker and Counselor databases for our HCEC and RAFT programs.
- Experience with income, asset, and credit reviews.
- Financial budgeting and reporting experience. Experience in Banking or Finance industry is a plus.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
- Experience in business and customer service; strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, database systems, etc.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Experience assisting clients with housing and economic stabilization barriers.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Competitive Vacation and Sick time
- 14-paid holidays
- 403(b) plan RCAP Contribution and Match
If Interested, please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org