Official Title: Program Coordinators
Functional Title: RAFT Program Operations Contractor
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-100 Cambridge Street
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Department of Housing & Community Development
Job Posting: Oct 22, 2020, 10:01:48 AM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: $40.56 - $43.07 Hourly
Bargaining Unit: NA
Reporting to the Program Director of HomeBASE and RAFT, within the Division of Housing Stabilization, the RAFT Program Operations Contractor has direct involvement with the day-to-day operations and program compliance of the Rental Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) Programs. The RAFT Program Operations Contractor assists the Program Director with the development and implementation of program policies and procedures, conducting program reviews, providing technical assistance to the Regional Administering Agencies, and producing program reports as needed. The RAFT Program Operations Contractor must remain up-to-date on program regulations and sub-regulatory guidance and assist the program director with the development and dissemination of necessary guidance to program stakeholders.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement program and fiscal monitoring tools to ensure compliance with program rules and regulations.
- Conduct in-person (or virtual) program reviews with each Regional Administering Agency to ensure appropriate administration of funding, as well compliance with programmatic guidance and regulations.
- Assess and analyze program operations, producing reports that identify areas for improvement as well as best practices for future program planning.
- Disseminate up-to-date information and provide necessary trainings to Regional Administering Agencies for all RAFT guidance or legislative language changes.
- Provide the Regional Administering Agencies with technical assistance and problem solve challenging cases as needed.
- Assist the RAFT Program Coordinator II as needed with pulling reports and analyzing data sets.
- Participate in policy planning meetings, and complete presentations with external stakeholders & groups.
- Assist the Program Director of HomeBASE and RAFT with other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of housing programs and resources, with particular emphasis on local, state and/or federal homelessness prevention and/or rapid rehousing programs, rental assistance, supportive housing, and/or transitional housing.
- Familiarity with DHCD programs such as RAFT, Emergency Assistance, HomeBASE and/or other DHCD rental assistance programs.
- Experience working with non-profit agencies.
- Experience or knowledge of grant/contract compliance.
- Experience in conducting program audits/monitoring.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel to produce documents and reports.
- Ability to provide guidance to diverse groups and elicit support and cooperation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze extensive reporting requirements for contracting agencies and coordinate implementation.
- Ability to take initiative, work effectively independently with little supervision and in a team setting.
- Travel across the state may be required after the pandemic ends. Those employees who elect to use a motor vehicle for travel must have a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator's license or the equivalent from another state.
The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within the Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD's mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent, affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
This is a contract position working up to 37.5 hours per week. The hourly rate for this position is between $40.56 and $43.07. The estimated contract start date is 11/01/2020 with a contract end date of 10/30/2021. The contract may be extended based on availability of additional funding.
Benefits are unavailable with the exception of sick leave accruals.
State and federal taxes will be withheld. In addition the contractor must participate in the Alternative Retirement Program mandated by federal law.
All employees will be paid on a biweekly basis and must have direct deposit.
Salary placement is determined by years of experience and education directly related to the position and the Human Resources Division’s Recruiting Guidelines.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the-required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Marjorie Lalli - 617-573-1254
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.