52 Chauncy Street
PROJECT MANAGER - REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $70,551.22 - $82,870.18
Boston Housing Authority owns and manages over 10,000 units of public housing and administers housing subsidies for over 12,000 voucher holders throughout eastern Massachusetts. In recent years BHA has pursued a variety of redevelopment models to assure the long-term viability of its housing stock—including strategies that move beyond conventional public housing—while remaining true to BHA’s mission to provide quality homes and strong communities for low-income Bostonians.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Real Estate Development, the Project Manager will work with a team responsible for planning and implementing BHA’s redevelopment projects. As part of that team, the Project Manager will be responsible for drafting requests for proposals and contracts in connection with development activities; preparing funding applications; managing development budgets and contracts throughout the development process; assisting in financial structuring, financial modeling and negotiations related to complex real estate development transactions; conducting community and resident meetings. The Project Manager will have particular responsibility for ensuring that relocation and other resident services are implemented efficiently and in a manner that continually supports BHA residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in drafting request for proposals for various real estate consultant services.
- Assist in contractor selection and the oversight of service delivery.
- Assist in the disposition of agency real estate, including preparation of disposition applications for HUD and negotiation with developers.
- Manage development project budgets and payments.
- Manage contracts for relocation and other resident services.
- Assist in the coordination among consultants, contractors and other municipal agencies in the planning and performance of design and construction contracts.
- Prepares correspondence and progress reports.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes to development, relocation and resident services partners.
- Assist with special projects and reports as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree preferred. At least one (1) year experience in project management or real estate development finance required. Relevant affordable housing development experience may be substituted for formal education requirements if it is demonstrated that such experience is directly applicable to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Excellent oral, writing, interpersonal and collaborative skills required. Expertise in organizing and coordinating work in order to effectively utilize staff resources; preparing comprehensive reports; facilitating programs and policy development are required. Ability to think logically, analyze problems, follow systematic procedures, work independently and develop critical path schedules is required. Writing sample required. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint required. English/Spanish bilingual capacity preferred. Demonstrated competence and sensitivity working with low-income, culturally diverse individuals are required, as well as a commitment to the mission of the Boston Housing Authority.
E-mail a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to identify the title of the position you are applying for. Application materials received with no position specified, will not be considered.