52 Chauncy Street, 9th floor
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Capital Construction the Project Manager acts as the owner’s representative in small and large ($500,000 - $15 million) capital improvement projects to multi-residential low, mid and high rise buildings. Project scopes’ range from architectural and structural to all manner of mechanical improvements including fire protection, elevators, heating / cooling, envelope and site work.
The Project Manager is responsible for assessing scope of project, planning architectural and engineering contracts as well as managing construction contracts. Projects are to be completed within schedule and budget while monitoring the highest level of design and construction quality possible.
Looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management, or Construction Management and a minimum of 8 years' of relevant experience. Knowledge of Massachusetts's construction regulations and generally accepted construction and trade practices is a necessity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help identify and prioritize needs for capital improvements at BHA family and elderly developments; commission investigative studies as needed.
- Assess and review scope of project with senior staff, estimate the cost of Architectural/Engineering (AE) services as well as construction costs.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for AE contracts and manage the designer selection process for consultants and/or act as liaison to the state Designer Selection Board.
- Propose and manage project budget and schedule; resolve conflicts and issues in a highly professional manner.
- Review architectural and engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness.
- Manage public bidding process per MGL Ch. 149 and MGL Ch. 30 and review/recommend all construction contract awards.
- Administer construction contracts, monitor progress; review and approve change orders; and review and approve payments to ensure correctness, availability of funds, and conformance with funding agency requirements.
- Serves as liaison to senior staff, property managers, regulatory officials, and other outside interests; meet with residents as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities or Construction Management is required plus 8+ years of progressive work experience; or in lieu of a degree at least 10 years of progressive work experience managing million dollar capital construction projects as an owner’s representative. Knowledge of Massachusetts's construction regulations and generally accepted construction and trade practices is necessary. Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills required. Proficiency in word-processing and spreadsheet applications strongly preferred. Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
E-mail a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure to identify the position you are applying for.