52 Chauncy Street
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing construction projects and for completing projects within schedules and budgets while monitoring the highest level of design and construction quality possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists senior staff to identify and prioritize needs for capital improvements at BHA family and elderly developments; commissions investigative studies as needed.
- Serves as liaison to property managers, regulatory officials, and other outside interests; meets with residents as needed.
- Plans the project scope of work, budget, and schedule.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and manages designer selection process for consultants and/or acts as liaison to the state Designer Selection Board.
- Reviews architectural and engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness.
- Manages public bidding process per MGL Ch. 149 and MGL Ch. 30; reviews and recommends all contract awards.
- Administers construction contracts, monitors progress; reviews and approves change orders; and reviews and approves payments to ensure correctness, availability of funds, and conformance with funding agency requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, facilities management, or construction management required; experience may be substituted for formal education requirements if it is demonstrated that such experience is directly applicable to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience required. Knowledge of Massachusetts's construction regulations and generally accepted construction and trade practices is necessary. Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills required. Proficiency in word-processing and spreadsheet applications strongly preferred. Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: E-mail a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a completed employment application to: Director of Human Resources, Boston Housing Authority, 52 Chauncy Street, Boston, MA 02111. Please be sure to identify the position you are applying for.