CohnReznick's Advisory group has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Analyst (Real Estate) within our Project Finance and Consulting Group. This role will be based in Boston and play an instrumental and supportive role to the management team.
This role is part of a consulting team focused on various industry expertise in optimizing financial structures to support strategic projects and investments. This includes complex financial modeling, cash flow projections, due-diligence, exit strategy analysis and tax credit driven project financing. This team provides these services primarily to clients in real estate focusing on tax-advantaged investments, low income housing, historic rehabilitation credit investments, new market and renewable energy.
The core client base includes developers, syndicators, institutional investors and other participants which provides the Consultant with the industry’s best-in-class and most comprehensive on the job training/industry experience. A substantial amount of the role as a Consultant will include financial modeling related to the accounting, tax structuring and regulatory compliance various federal and state tax incentives. For personal and professional development, this Consultant will participate in internal training sessions to develop knowledge and expertise in the relevant tax incentives and tax law. The Consultant is also expected to develop an understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm and apply this knowledge to identify potential new opportunities with existing clients
CohnReznick is a top National Advisory, Assurance and Tax accounting, firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our team, we will provide you with the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
- Financial modeling using team accounting and finance tools and methodologies related to real estate transactions to help clients optimize the ownership and investment in real estate projects. A substantial amount of consulting will involve critical thinking and analysis of accounting, tax structuring, regulatory compliance and financial modeling of various federal and state tax incentives. This role assists clients with modeling both the economic and tax components of transactions with a focus on accounting for and tracking of project operations and rate of return on investment.
- Investment due diligence to help institutional investors make informed decisions on acquiring and managing tax-advantaged investments. A substantial amount of the work will relate to conducting comprehensive reviews of multifamily development transactions specified for placement in fund investments using underwriting packages and closing documentation. Reviews culminate in the generation of high-quality due diligence reports that must accurately assess investment risks relative to real estate markets, development teams, underwriting guidance, and tax and regulatory policies for the benefit of investors.
- Other transactional or consulting services
- 3+ years financial modeling/financial analyst experience in related industry
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or economics
- Solid understanding of basic finance concepts, including concepts related to time value of money
- Strong analytical and critical thinking translating technical concepts into work product
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel. Access, VBA or SQL a plus.
- Experience with the affordable housing tax credit industry, real estate underwriting, partnership tax concepts or other related industry financial modeling
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to coherently express complex concepts, both verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented and deadline driven in a fast-paced culture
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in an environment of multiple responsibilities independently
- CFA certification a plus
- Travel may be required
Your CR Advantage:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401k Match
- Profit Sharing
- Discretionary annual bonuses and spot bonuses
- 25 days of Paid Time Off + 10 Holidays + 5 early closing days
- Professional Development
- Guided career path
- Designated L&D team
- Career Coach
- Education reimbursement
- CPA bonus plan
- Resources of a national firm
- Work-life Perks
- Flexible work arrangements
- DressSmart Policy – dress for your day!
- Free on-site gym
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Please apply through the CohnReznick Career site: