44 Washington St
RIHousing – Program Representative, Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Pay Rate - $21.69 - $30.44
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of Housing Choice Voucher (HCVP) Program in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Process all required documentation and collect all required income and eligibility verifications to ensure cost-effective program administration in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations
- Determine reasonable rents, and negotiate and approve contract rents and rental subsidies
- Process requests for moves within RIHousing’s jurisdiction and via portability, including coordinating exchange of tenant file information and inter-agency billing arrangements
- Mediate landlord/tenant problems in a timely, professional manner and provide appropriate technical assistance as required
- The incumbent is cross trained on all aspects of the HCVP program and may compile special reports or perform special projects as directed.
What you’ll bring to the team:
Incumbent will bring the experience to process annual and interim tenant reexaminations to determine subsidy level and initial/continued eligibility, including applicable third-party verifications. Calculate and approve housing assistance payments and tenant rental amounts; prepare appropriate documentation/correspondence, and enters data into system; monitor, update and revise tenant waiting list. Process tenant moves and requests for portability.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field and/or property management certification or equivalent work experience
- Three years related housing management experience
- Working knowledge of applicable HUD regulations
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational, negotiations, and computer skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish)
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
Apply on company website - https://www.rihousing.com/careers/