7 Bullfinch Place, Boston, MS 02114
The Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance (MHSA) is a statewide organization that is driving innovation to end homelessness among adult individuals through advocacy and development of outcome-based programs. For 25+ years, MHSA has been transforming the traditional response of emergency shelter into a system of permanent housing, improved access to support services and health care and other long-term solutions to homelessness. These strategies have helped dramatically reduce chronic homelessness in Massachusetts and gained MHSA national recognition for several policy initiatives. MHSA has a network of 85 member agencies; it also works closely with state and city government. It uses its unique position as an intermediary between public agencies and homeless service providers to create innovative responses to homelessness for adults in Massachusetts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay, good benefits, and work in a mission-focused organization. Learn more about MHSA at www.mhsa.net
About the position
The Program Manager is part of a six-person Program Department that manages multiple contracts to fund housing and service interventions by partner agencies. The Program Manager visits programs across the state and helps to ensure they are effectively implemented, contracts are monitored, data are collected and analyzed to report outcomes, and best practices are shared among MHSA’s network of members in order to improve practice that addresses and ends homelessness.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help manage contracts between government entities, MHSA, and partner agencies, including a major state contract of $4.5M with 30 subcontracts for housing, shelter, and services
- Monitor and meet with partner agencies to review progress and address contract challenges
- Ensure appropriate budgeting and spending by partner agencies as well as ensuring effective data collection for contract reporting and evaluation of outcomes
- Participate in planning meetings with partner agencies and city and state government to help improve operations, plan new programs, and promote better approaches to homelessness
- Help organize training for partner agencies including to improve regional and statewide coordination of programming
- Take on increased responsibilities, depending on candidate’s skills and work, to help advance MHSA’s efforts as an intermediary and catalyst for new systems interventions; work with MHSA staff to design and implement process improvements within the agency
Looking for dynamic self-starter interested in learning and growing; flexibility to adapt the position with increased responsibilities based on experience. Qualifications include:
- Three years relevant experience including work with homeless programs and populations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience with Master’s degree preferred
- Passion for the mission of ending homelessness and interest in the population that is the priority of MHSA’s work: adults experiencing chronic homelessness often coupled with physical, mental, and/or addiction disabilities
- Strong attention to details; ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Facility with budgets and data collection
- Ability to think critically and creatively about how to enhance program operations; good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to monitor partner agency programs and flag concerns while also offering support, technical assistance, and guidance toward innovative programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license in order to make statewide site visits; Zipcar an option if person doesn’t have a car
Compensation and Benefits
$50,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full-time employees include: health insurance (80% employer-paid), pre-tax commuter benefits, generous paid vacation and holidays, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to: Joyce Tavon, Director of Programs & Planning, Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance: email@example.com
Please put in the subject line: Program Manager position
MHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.